Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

este posted:

Just want to say that this is consistently one of the best help threads with one of the best OPs on the forums. Nobody that I've showed this to has failed to grasp the concept, which is pretty remarkable considering my dumb-rear end friends. :)

Thanks for the new thread inpheaux!

My coworker couldn't figure it out, he stuck with ninan even though I kept trying to tell him to use sabnzbd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Crush posted:

So, running OS X 10.6.7 with SABnzbd+. I am trying to make a script and have not had any luck doing it. I know it is a very simple task, but for some reason by bash-fu isn't strong with this script.

Say I download Ubuntu 11.04, it finishes and it unpacks to a directory called "Ubuntu 11 04." Inside of this folder, is the actual burnable image file as well as the associated NFO file. I want to move that burnable image file and that NFO to the Desktop and then delete the folder "Ubuntu 11 04." How do I go about doing this?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Edit: I have tried this and several slight variations to this. The weird thing is, "$1" shows the path, $DIR_DEST echoes /Users/Crush/Desktop/, and when running the same thing in Terminal.app as separate commands, it works fine. The strange thing is the script always wants to complain saying something along the lines of "/Users/Crush/Download/Linux ISO/* /Users/Crush/Desktop/*" does not exist, when they in fact do.

code:
#!/bin/bash

DIR_DEST=${HOME}/Desktop/

mv "$1/*" $DIR_DEST

I think that when you're putting the first parameter in quotes, it's not going to expand that *, so it's literally looking for a file named * in the Linux ISO directory. Try putting the quotes around just $1.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
So, CouchPotato.

I'd like to use it to manage my existing collection. So I can't figure out how to setup the "renaming" section. If I input the source directory with a trailing slash, it keeps trying to move the directory into itself, if I put it in without a trailing slash, it thinks the directory itself is the file it's trying to process.

Is there a guide somewhere on how to set this up?

E: It looks like the file needs to be in a folder, and that's how it's going to read it? I can't just dump the files themselves into my "Download" directory?

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 4, 2011

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Since I'm running on Unix, I should just be able to use the built in updater and get this patch? I might already have it, because some of my shows have been fixed already it seems.

Is there a way to see exactly what version (aka what commit) you're running with sickbeard?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

GobiasIndustries posted:

Just ran into a problem I'm hoping people here can help with. A bit of backstory: over the past few months my house has gone well over our bandwidth cap from Comcast, and we're in a bit of a bind. Between a bit of usenet & torrenting on my part (about 100gb/month), netflix/hulu streaming, and (this is the big one which I had no idea would count toward a cap) setting up crash plan online for three different computers in late September (I've got over a terabyte stored online for just my music photos and videos), we've been above our bandwidth limitations for the past three months. When I woke up our internet was shut off, and when I asked my aunt about it, she told me that, in fact, Comcast HAD been calling, but she ignored their messages because 'it sounded like they were trying to get me to buy something' :ughh: The internet's back on now, but the bandwidth has been capped to 200kb/s no matter what I'm doing, and I'm assuming after this billing cycle they're going to cut us off.

I'm kind of assuming we're screwed here, so I'm wondering if anyone's gone through the process of switching internet from Xfinity to their business class service, which I hear has no cap limits. Right now we're paying $47 per month, and business class internet seems to start at $60, which isn't that much worse to avoid these problems. Apart from that I don't really know what to do, the only other internet I know if in the area is AT&T's Uverse.

Be careful, I've heard of stories where once they cut you off, they won't sell you any kind of service for 12 months.
E: Here's his story: http://www.komonews.com/news/tech/125614378.html
Here's his blog: http://www.ozymandias.com/

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Run this in a terminal:
code:
ls -lD ~
ls -lD ~/TV
That will tell you among other things the user and group of the directory. 'nobody' is a valid user, so it's possible that it somehow got reset.

Depending of it it's just the TV directory that's messed up, or the whole home directory, run this:
code:
sudo chown -R sleepstuipd ~
or
code:
sudo down -R sleepstupid ~/TV
Replace sleepstupid with your username on the machine.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Roving Reporter posted:

What does everyone use a manual scraper for metadata? Couch Potato usually does a pretty good job of naming stuff but I usually have less processed stuff with Sickbeard. Getting TV shows to be properly organized in XBMC is a pain sometimes.

CP is good because even if I get a movie from another source, say ripping it from DVD, I can put it in my CP processing folder and it'll snatch it right up. With SB, processing only seems to work if I queue it up from SABnzbd(unless I'm doing it wrong).

Sickbeard makes everything dead simple, if you're having problems with it then you've set it up wrong or you're using it wrong. Though I don't know what "I usually have less process stuff with Sickbeard" means.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I just edited a show on thetvdb.com, refreshed the show in Sickbeard, and there it was.

I feel so powerful :3:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Then you're going to have the worst day ever when some nerd edits it back.

The show was ???, nobody had even bothered to put in the first two seasons. I think I'm in the clear on this one.

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 24, 2011

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

The Gunslinger posted:

Don't do that please, the mods have warned us repeatedly. Not trying to be captain nitpick, it can get the whole thread closed and it has happened to similar threads in the past.

Edited to be safe, but is it against the rules to talk about tvdb at all? All I did was updated an online database of show info (literally, that's all I did).

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Private Speech posted:

I wish. She paid for it for like 4 years in advance. I managed to get it working by installing it in a VM though, so all is well (kinda, it still blocks downloading .nzb files).

Sunk Cost Fallacy

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

The Gunslinger posted:

In the General Settings you can specify a login and password.

What's nice as it does this through browser authentication and not some web form, so if you want you could run a reverse apache proxy and any plugings will still work.

Fake edit: I guess I know for sure Sabnzb does this, becuase my coworker has it setup that way, but I assume Sickbeard is the same.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Is sickbeard smart enough to not try and digest a file while it's still being copied into TV Download Dir?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

The Modern Leper posted:

I've only seen sickbeard as a post-processing script or as a manual processing option, so yes.

No, you can set it to just watch a directory without a script being run or manually processing it.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
No, I'm talking about Post Processing. I have a TV Download Dir set, and I'm using Scan and Process .

My question: if something is being copied into the folder when Sickbeard does it's Scan and Process, is it smart enough to not try and copy an incomplete file into my final TV destination?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I think it's tradition, the same reason that a half hour episode is 175 MB and an hour episode is 350 MB, to fit two hours of video on a CD to make a VCD.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

wolrah posted:

It won't be a problem. SAB names the folder "_UNPACK_<download name>" while it's extracting. Sickbeard refuses to process folders named like this, even if you manually tell it to.

I'm actually using a torrent client right now, though I'll probably be switching soon because I've finally got an HTPC that will play HD content.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

wolrah posted:

Oh, well most torrent clients have similar options where they'll do something to either the file or folder name. I know uTorrent can be configured to add .ut! to the filename on anything that's not done downloading, I'd assume it would have the same effect as Sickbeard wouldn't find anything with a file extension it recognized as video.

I was using Azereus, and once I removed the torrent from Azureus it would move the data into the TV Download Dir, which is fast enough that I was never concerned. Now I've switched to Transmission, and what it does is once a torrent finishes downloading it copies the data into my TV Download Dir (the original data is still seeding at this point).

But gently caress it, I just got a new HTPC that can do HD so I'm setting up SAB and calling it a day.

E: Holy Jesus this is glorious.

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 16, 2012

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Less Fat Luke posted:

How do you get Sickbeard to redownload a season of something in HD?

I just set the show to HD and clicked the search button for each episode. Maybe there's a better way?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
How big is 720p stuff supposed to be?

I know with Xvid a 30 minute show is going to be 175 MB, and it scales from there, though that's because people are encoding for size and not quality.

Is there any such guidelines for HD stuff, or is it targeted at a quality and size be damned? There's some stuff that's 4GB an hour and that makes me :psyduck:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Nitr0 posted:

Half hour HD show which is actually 23 minutes = ~350MB
Hour HD show which is actually 43 minutes = ~1gb

Give or take a few hundred mb on hour long stuff, and give or take 70mb on half hour stuff.

Is a Bluray source bigger than a TV source? That's what I'm seeing.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

td4guy posted:

There are guidelines for encoding HD stuff. Nowadays it's very common for encoders to use something called CRF, which keeps a consistent image quality, rather than a consistent bitrate (and consequently, file size).
Yes. The vast majority of HDTV broadcasts (especially in the U.S.) are kind of mediocre quality. The film grain and detail is cut down a lot by the low bitrate mpeg2 broadcasts. So when the videos are encoded, the image is less complicated and so a lower bitrate will preserve the quality decently enough.

Blu-rays, on the other hand, are usually of very high quality with a lot more film grain and detail, and require a much higher video bitrate in order to preserve that when re-encoding it.

That makes sense, but my 250 GB Comcast bandwidth cap is not happy with the facts :negative:

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I've got UsenetServer, and there's a file, and it was damanged, and needed 88 more parts. I got a Blocknews block account, and now I need 26 more parts. Any other recommended block providers? A little googling led me to NewsDemon, is that any good?

Anybody had any luck getting a free NewsDemon account as staff of a University? On page it says faculty/staff, but on another it just says faculty (I'm just staff).

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

inpheaux posted:

NewsDemon is Highwinds, as is UsenetServer. If parts are missing on UNS, parts will be missing on NewsDemon. Try filling with a block from Astraweb.

Well, got an Astraweb account, but I still need 26 repair blocks. I also have 20 files that aren't passing their SFV checks. Is there a page that explains exactly what this all means?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Is there a way to export the NZB files in the queue?

It looks like in the __ADMIN__ folder of the incomplete download, there's a <number>.nzb.gz, and that nzb seems to be the right nzb. Can I yank all those out to give to someone else to download?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I changed my Sickbeard web_root, but forgot to change it in the autoproccesstv.cfg file, so I have a download that can't process because it's trying to load a URL that doesn't exist anymore. It's been doing this since last night, so I don't expect it to time out anytime soon.

Is there a way I can get it to stop trying to run the script? I'd like to keep it in my history, but if deleting it from history is the only way to get it to stop, I can do that.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Any way to prioritize backup servers? I've got blocknews and astraweb, but blocknews is way cheaper so I'd rather it go for that first (and it's also the one I added first), but somehow astraweb is listed first, and has downloaded about four times as much as blocknews. (though we're talking 60 MB vs 240 MB, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Just curious, what do you guys do with shows that aren't on anymore in Sickbeard? Do you leave them in the DB, or get rid of them? The only reason I can see it mattering is for getting updated season art.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Clown posted:

It worked before, and then I upgraded everything in apt, and manually updated SABnzbd.

The script is pointing to /usr/bin/python which is pointing to 2.6.
I had chmod +x but I didn't do a+x so I'll try that.

Nope that didn't work. Bah.

Become the user that runs sickbeard, and try and run that whole line (/home/clown/.sabnzbd/scripts/sabToSickBeard.py) and see what happens.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Clown posted:

code:
clown@Server:~$ python .sabnzbd/scripts/sabToSickBeard.py 
No folder supplied - is this being called from SABnzbd?

Don't run it like that, run it exactly as Sabnzbd says it's running it. The sabToSickBeard.py script might not have a proper hash bang at the front so it can't find python or something.

E: That's what I got for clicking reply then walking away for a while.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

therunningman posted:

So I have Sabnzbd 6.9.0 running on my Windows Home Server as a service.
My problem is that as soon as a download goes into verifying/repairing/unpacking it brings the whole system to a standstill until it is done. It is a hassle because I use the server for streaming videos and music.
Is it possible to set the amount of processing threads for the various process involved, or in other ways limit it?

How many cores do you have?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Roving Reporter posted:

I've had this happen a few times and its a pain. Thankfully, its usually only with non-current stuff. Anyways, like you said, if the scene thinks 'This Awesome Show' is Season 5, but SB/TVDB says its Season 4, the only way I've found is manually doing it. Basically, turning off SB with all episodes marked as skipped, manually downloading all the episodes and renaming them SB style. So "This.Awesome.Show.S05E06.720p.REXXXORX-WRZF" to something like "This Awesome Show - 04x06", starting SB up again and running manual post-processing to get NFOs, etc.

It sucks with anything current because you obviously would have to do that every time...

I'm pretty sure I know what show you're talking about, and they're just being consistent with their rules. Fox lists the current season as season 4, so on the TVDB it's season 4. It's a pain in the rear end, but that's the way it is.

Now try and figure out what mental gymnastics it took for them to leave Firefly in it's aired order (claming there's no source that the airing order is wrong, despite the DVDs being in a different order) yet they are splitting up episodes of cartoons into stories because that's how they're often released on DVD.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
You might have to change the host name you connect to, and for sure change the port you connect to.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Devil Wears Pravda posted:

Why would I need to do this, and how would I go about doing it?

e: Okay, I see the options to change the host name on SABnzbd (it's currently localhost) and the port is 8080 (HTTPS port is 9090). What should I change them to?

No, change your server connection.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Devil Wears Pravda posted:

my server is usnews.blocknews.net. Is that what you're referring to? Port is 119.

Yeah. For blocknews you don't have to change the server, but you do have to change the port. I'm using 443 for SSL.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
So, how about that .6.15? Where can I get a copy of the changelog without downloading the package?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

paradigmm posted:

code:
************************  SABnzbd 0.6.15 ************************

What's new:
- Extend OSX menu with troubleshooting options
- Change newzbin URL
- Flag post-processing as failed when files cannot be moved/copied to destination
- Move "locale" construction from Plush skin to Python code.
  Some embedded Linux platforms show unstable behavior with the original construction.
- Add special setting to use "pickle" library instead of cPickle.
  This is needed for some embedded Linux distros (e.g. OpenElec).
- Minor fixes: see changelog.txt

Yeah, I'm looking for the minor fixes. Not that it's really hard to upgrade, but I'm wondering if I should bother or not.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Today I learned that Sickbeard is smart enough to grab an NZB of an entire season off NZBMatrix if you have a whole season marked as wanted. I'm pretty impressed with that.

What I don't know is how Sickbeard decides to push to the top of your SAB queue. I queued up some older stuff through Sickbeard, and while that was downloading, Sickbeard queued up some new stuff and pushed it to the top of the queue. Is there a setting for that?

It's setting the new stuff to High priority, though don't know exactly what parameters it's using to determine how new something has to be for it to be high priority.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Cage posted:

I tried forcing the "daily episode search" on SB, along with trying that little magnifying glass - clicking that just made it turn into a red X after 10 seconds.

This isn't the "RSS Feed" option on SABnzbd is it? Or is just the feed youre supposed to get from setting up a show on Sickbeard (Im sorry, I know Im being general but I dont know what word to use to be more specific)? I dont see any RSS options on SB, but on SAB I do, theres just nothing in there.

No, it's a feed from Sickbeard. Are you using the Sickbeard indexer? (hint, you should be). I know for sure that uses RSS, and NZBmatrix provider might. But what's happening is every 60 minutes Sickbeard reads the RSS feed and gets the most recent nzbs, and if one of them matches an upcoming show, it grabs it. This works well for a few shows that air a day earlier in Canada than they do in the US.

You can click the "View Log" link in the "Logs & Errors" menu to see exactly what's going on. Setting the minimum logging level there to Info should be good enough, buty if you really want to see what's going on switch to Debug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Is it possible to get business internet along with consumer TV? Right now I've got an HD package that includes a DVR, and I don't see anything like that for business class TV.