Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Cage posted:

Sorry for another question, but my sickbeard still says that an episode that finished airing 20 minutes ago still hasnt aired even though the nzb is already on nzbmatrix. I have SB and SAB refresh every 10 minutes, but nothing seems to be pulling the file. Do I have to wait for SB to change from "unaired"?

Yeah its something with timezones, I can't remember exactly. I don't even know when my shows are on but someone mentioned this a while ago. Welcome to the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

You can also change the scrape time to 15 minutes too.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a way to fully sync sickbeard with thetvdb? They changed a series completely and now sickbeard thinks the specials are there when they are not. I deleted and re-added the series but this still listed episodes no longer on the thetvdb page.

Also comcast offers business class internet with no caps. Its about the same price as regular internet AFAIK, the only added cost is they have you sign a 1 or 2 year agreement and the install fee is $100 or so I think.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Uuudar posted:

They often waive that fee if you are merely "switching" over from the resident packages. Also, I've easily 2TB+ in a month on Comcast and never heard a word.

Yeah I haven't switched yet since I got one call in 2009 and they said if they called again within 6 months it would be a problem but after that its fine. They implied that I should pause my downloads during peak times which is fine.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

amf5 posted:

Anyone else getting this today?

:confused:

Yes its been disconnecting a lot for me the past couple days. Forcing a disconnect in SAB seems to work.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I entered in my information into SAB right after I opened the account and it worked, maybe 30 seconds?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Could there be a way to only use a block server only when retrying something that fails from the main server?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Hogburto posted:

On SABnzbd's server config page, uncheck Enable for all servers you don't want to use and save settings.

Yes I know this. I meant automatically.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mthrboard posted:

If you're asking "can I have SABnzbd not use the backup server unless there aren't enough parts on the main server to complete and/or repair the download", then no, there isn't a way to do this automatically.

This is what I meant, it would be a nice feature. For some reason blocknews downloaded 1 gig but none of the files had failed supernews.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I think that is what must have happened. For now since I only got a 5gb blocknews plan I will just enable the backup server manually and run a repair on the download.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

SB build 493 includes the x264 SD stuff, but there is no way to differentiate between SD releases since everything will be x264 I think.

Looks like I will run from source since I have python installed for headphones.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 12, 2012

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I see that I need Cheetah for sickbeard, what do I need to run it on my WHS 2011 box?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can someone explain how to run sickbeard as source in windows? Python is already installed I just don't know what to do with cheetah.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Feenix posted:

I sorta figured that but being new to this I wanted to be able to know it was running rather than realize I'd taken for granted it was but it wasn't. Duly noted, though. Thanks! :)

[edit]

Between Sickbeard and SAB (and also CouchPotato) is there a way they can email me? I see all these other methods; Twitter, BoxCar, Growl... etc. Can it be emailed or something simple like that?

SAB can email you when something is done.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yeah people are probably confused since they look in SAB at the connections and it says astraweb. That is where it was uploaded, supernews is a giganews reseller.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

WINTER IS COMING posted:

Downloaded a bunch of files via Supernews each with 1-2 bits missing so they ended up failed, added a Blocknews account as backup and was unable to repair - everything was downloading from Astraweb.

If you used these two services, you didn't download anything from astraweb.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Lowen SoDium posted:

Good lord, the moderators at thetvdb.org are retarded.

Go to their forums and do a search for Korra to see how they are ignoring their user's on how to handle the new Last Airbender show.

Is there any chance Sickbeard will ever get an option to get it's nfo and art files from another site?

They really are awful. I hope XEM takes off, anyone heard how progress is going on it?

http://thexem.de/

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I really hope either nzb.su or someone makes a top downloaded feature, that was my main usage on nzbs.org

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Shane-O-Mac posted:

That looks promising. I may use the Raspberry Pi as the HTPC. Hopefully it will have been upgraded by the time I do this project. That's another matter though.

http://www.raspbmc.com/

Is another to keep an eye on.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ingram posted:

I'm so sad that NZBs.org is closing. Any alternative is going to suck in comparison. I was on a good thing using RSS with SabNZB and having everything automated/sorted into correct folders on my HTPC.

:(

NZB.su seems fine, the only thing I want them to put in is a top day/week/months list. And I love nzb.su movie cover mode.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The pHo posted:

Isn't sickbeard's internal index supposed to be pretty good now? I have it enabled but haven't checked %ages of what comes from where.

Its where 95% of my grabs come from.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

PAR files are repair files. Why are you downloading a 60gb file?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

dogflaps posted:

Because I want it? Is there a reason I shouldn't be downloading 60gb files?

You already mentioned a reason, because poo poo like missing blocks can make a 60gb download broken.

Best thing to do if you want is to plug the filename into nzbindex.com and see if someone reposted it. I am pretty sure this is covered in the OP.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The Gunslinger posted:

I think it's on github as CouchPotatoServer or something like that. If you don't have a git client you can just bookmark the zipball master and manually update. There weren't any pre-compiled builds for Windows that I saw last time, you have to run it through python.

Is there any word on when windows build will be coming for this?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Nevermind, found what I was looking for

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

How long does this new CP take to scan your movies? It has been hours now and I haven't even seen a movie in the list yet.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yes getting those too today.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Disable

Keep original files after they've been processed?

In SB

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

You will need to forward each port to your internal IP as well, if you want to access your programs from outside your LAN.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 3, 2012

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Most decent routers also have a Dynamic DNS setting, so you don't even have to have a client running, and you can set it to update as often as you want.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Demented Guy posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but where exactly is the Send to SAB button in the newly-revamped NZBs.org? I have SABConnect installed in Chrome and I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

You set your SAB server up in your profile, and then clicking the send to SAB sends it. I would think most people use a browser extension but its still a nice feature. Same thing nzb.su does.

Anything that cannot complete always shows up as failed in my history.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

What's the point of using browser plugins and send-to-SABnzbd buttons on websites? Why not just have SAB watch your browser's download folder for nzb files?

Categories

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

http://www.textingthefridge.com/2011/02/static-dhcp-configuration-on-tomato.html

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Did you follow the instructions on the github page?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Are people not using the built in nzbs.org SAB support? I disabled the chrome extension support for nzb.su and nzbs.org since I just use the built in support the site uses.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

This is more general internet news, but people here probably want to know about this

http://blog.comcast.com/2012/05/comcast-to-replace-usage-cap-with-improved-data-usage-management-approaches.html

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Goon Matchmaker posted:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16859107052

Those are quite popular and usually you can find them for less than $300.

Yeah bought mine for $200, good little box. Set up a camel3x price watch or something.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

You can migrate your couchpotato.db to the new CP server.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

It's because nzbmatrix is awful about stuff like this, try nzb.su and see if it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a download link for this beta? I think i am blind.