Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
To further complicate things, "never update dockers in a container" isn't a hard rule either. My Nextcloud instance needs to be updated through the Nextcloud interface for example.

Before I switched to unraid I used the previously mentioned watchtower container to keep things automatically updating. It works well but with any docker updates keep periodic backups of the config folders in case you need to roll back. Occasionally you can get a broken update or have things break due to a major version change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

disaster pastor posted:

Yeah, with Unraid I just had to enable advanced options so that I could install them despite them already being installed. Then all it took was giving the new ones different container names and ports and it was pretty much golden.

Make sure you give it a different /config host path too, I messed up some existing installs by forgetting this step.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Huge QOL upgrade for me yesterday. One of my Ombi users has absolute poo poo taste and always maxes out his requests, but I really hate playing movie cop. I got tired of other plex users bitching about his selections showing up on their home screens though, so I finally got around to setting up a lovely movie jail for him.

Created a totally separate "badmovies" share, added it as a media source for ombi/radarr/plex and configured ombi to move all his requests to that folder, which was then added to plex as a library shared only with him. Now he can still request sub-Asylum level garbage and nobody else will hassle me about why Ninja Cheerleaders is in their recently added section.

The great thing about having this setup is you can switch anyone who gets on your nerves so they only have access to this folder.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Hughlander posted:

I'm on the 'docker-all-the-things' I use https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-delugevpn/ which is deluge + VPN + socks client. Basically deluge is only running while the VPN is running, and you can attach other containers to the vpn:
docker run --network container:deluge ...
or use it as a socks client for apps that support that. (I have SwitchyOmega in Chrome that let's me just say 'this tab is now coming out the vpn exit)

So no, it's not simple but it's the best solution I know of.

Recommending this, though I use the Qbittorrent flavor from the same docker maintainer. Either way I think is good.
For both though I would look at the steps to use to Wireguard instead of OpenVPN. Dramatically increased my speeds.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

While you're working on the new setup and everything is fresh in your mind might be a good time to update sonarr to the v4 branch, which switches from preferred words based upgrades to a custom format setup like radarr.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

I switched to the develop build a whole two days ago and in that immense period of time it's been fine. I updated because I needed to modify my configuration anyways, and figured I might as well jump to the new thing now instead of having to set it up again (hopefully) soon.

Various impressions from a few different discords convinced me it was far enough along to run, and Trash's guides and the tools to sync Sonarr to those guides are already updated for v4.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Sonarr v4 is now released to stable branch, be ready to update to custom formats from preferred words when you update.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

rufius posted:

Is there some reason I should care about the Sonarr v4 upgrade aside from it being new and shiny?

I don't really have any complaints about v3 at the moment.

I don't think there's any immediate reason to switch if v3 is working well for you, but you'll probably want to move off eventually as v3 won't get any more updates.

V4's changelog already claims it has added hundreds of parsing improvements. The big change in v4 is moving to "Custom Formats" instead of "Preferred Words". It's basically copying radarr's methodology. Custom formats to me seem a lot more complex to deal with yourself but offer more flexibility. Using Trash's guides makes it pretty manageable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

You should be able to download the original file through any web browser