Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Does anyone have experience with the ios app to control SABNZBD? All I really want to do is check my queue when I'm not at home.

Right now I'm thinking about just accessing the web interface remotely, but I'm not totally sure the best way to do that. I'm guessing setting up an account with DYNDNS and having that point to the system that I'm running SABNZBD on. Any other ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

EC posted:

MyNZB will do everything you want, and probably more.

Drizzt01 posted:

Seconding this. Well worth the $2 or whatever it costs. You can add to your que, pause, delete and search on most popular sites. It loads super fast even on 3G also.

OK, you guys sold me on it. Any way to access sickbeard remotely?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I'm having a bit of trouble with my install working with the firefox plugin NZBdStatus. I've got everything entered correctly and the addon reports that it can connect to SAB. But when I try to send nzb's to it nothing shows up in SAB.

I'm thinking it is due to the computer running SAB is not the one I'm running firefox on. The plugin works, I was using it when I was still runnign SAB on my main computer. Any ideas? Or should I be using a different plug in or program?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Would like to get some opinions about an idea I've been mulling over.

Currently I have SABnzbd and Sickbeard running on my spare system, a Core 2 Duo running XP. I have it set up to share the drive that everything downloads to to my main system. I also have PS3 media server, airvideo server, and teamviewer running.

I was thinking about moving to a Linux install running off a thumbdrive. The reason is that sometimes my girlfriend will be watching something via airvideo and it will start stuttering. It's not her connection (most the time) and it's not mine. The video isn't HD either. So I'm thinking that maybe having all that running is bogging things down. It also is sometimes slow when verifying and extracting videos.

Another option would be to have the videos transcoded onto another drive and serve them out from there.

So would switching things over to Linux from windows XP have any measurable effect? Or would I be better off leaving it as is?

Also just bought an account on Blocknews and so far its been great.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Quick question about running Sickbeard from source. How do I have it run on start up? I usually make a shortcut from Windows binary, but I'm not sure what I need to do when running from source. It's running on a WinXp system if that makes any difference.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I've got a strange issue with running Sickbeard from source. It works with no issues, but I wanted it to run on startup. So I created a batch file with

code:
@echo off
c:\python27\python.exe c:\Sickbeard\SickBeard.py %*
pause
This works fine opening up a command window and it shows Sickbeard doing its thing. But I'd rather not have a command window open all the time, so I changed it to use pythonw.exe instead.

Doing that works as well, but I get an error across the top of Sickbeard saying that it is an unknown version and to delete the .git folder or config the .ini file to point at the Git install. I've already edited the .ini file and I don't get that error when running the regular python app, just the pythonw app.

Any ideas?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I have a strange thing happening with sickbeard. I just set up a new system running the latest ubuntu server. I've gotten sabnzbd working, but sickbeard seems to be semi-running.

It is running on startup and the web interface loads but it is not showing the normal interface.

This is what it looks like:

Sorry the screen shot is so large, imgur is acting strange for me.

If I try running the sickbeard.py script again, I get an error saying that something is already running on that port.

Any ideas? I'm guessing that my config.ini is messed up, but I'm not totally sure.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Is it possible to use the free level of AWS for running a private version of newznab or would I be better off going with a different VPS provider? I'm only going to be using it for Couchpotato and Sickbeard so the bandwidth used should be relatively low.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I'm having a strange issue with my install of NZBGet. It will work fine for about 20 minutes then it becomes unresponsive. I have to kill it via the task manager then it works again for a time. This happens whether or not I'm downloading or it is just sitting there. I've tried both the stable and testing version. Any ideas?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

What is the best way to handle obfuscated files that aren't movies or tv shows? I'm trying to get mylar working and about half the issues I'm grabbing have obfuscated titles. From what I can gather the solution is to setup sorting from within sabnzbd but since it isn't a video file I'm kind of hitting a roadblock as to how to go about it.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Been having an issue with sabnzbd putting files in the wrong location. I have setup categories in it to send files to different locations. So I have anything in the category books goes to one directory. What I'm having an issue is when I pull something from my indexers that is a sub category of books just gets dumped into the main directory instead of the location I have setup for them. This only happens when I manually add a nzb to the queue on DogNZB.

Here's the categories that I have setup that I'm having issues with

code:
Books > Ebook*, Books - Ebook*, Books _ Ebook*
Books > Magazine*, Books - Magazine*, Books _ Magazine*
Books > Comics*, Books - Comics*, Books_Comics* 
If I grab a magazine, it puts it into the generic catch-all directory I have for books, same goes for comics. I've tried changing the indexer category to just Comics* or adding it at the end of the list but no luck. Same goes if I completely delete everything from that category. If I manually change the category while the file is downloading it goes to the correct location.

I know I'm missing something simple but it is driving me crazy since I have categories working for other groups.

diremonk fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 18, 2017

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Over the last couple of weeks I've been noticing that the majority of the shows I grab in SD are only in h.265. Is this happening for anyone else or do I need to do some tweaking on my NZBHydra install?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Yes, I feel the same as you about Charter.

What prompted me to call them was I found a link to this page and after putting in my address it showed 300/20 available and it showed the price as $90.

Thanks for the link, I just got off the phone with Charter and went from 100/10 to 300/20 for five bucks less than I was paying. I doubt I'll ever get the full 300 since the wiring in my apartment is crap but any speed improvement will be nice.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I'm having a strange issue with my copy of sabnzbd. Every minute or so I get an error popping up that says

code:
 API key missing, please enter the API key from Config->General into your 3rd party program: 127.0.0.1 (X-Forwarded-For: 52.11.99.15)>Go-http-client/1.1
This started a couple days ago when I switched my dynamic ip address for another host. I've checked every indexer I am a member of and cleared out the address they have to push to my server. I also deleted the downloader from sonarr, radarr, and nzbhydra. It doens't seem to affect anything but it is annoying to see. I checked the logs for sabnzbd and that is the only thing that is showing up as an error. I'm guessing that I have another indexer that I subscribe to that I haven't changed my information on but I have no idea which one it could be.

Any ideas?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Does anyone have a list of the release groups that release poor quality rips? I was going to go off of the list/page that UltimoDragonQuest used but its dated 2 years ago and I'd like to be semi-correct if I'm going to go through the work to mess with my release profiles.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

sedative posted:

You mean the scene groups that release the lovely rips from sites like nbc.com? Here's the list that I ignore: BAMBOOZLE, CAFFEiNE, CookieMonster, EDHD, FLX, LiGATE, KOMPOST, LucidTV, TBS, TRUMP, XLF

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that release shows that I watch.

Cool, thanks for the list. I'll add those to Sonarr. I'll probably add the .amzn tag as well. I don't mind waiting for better quality.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I'm having a bit of an issue with Sonarr. I'm running v3 and have setup my release profile to automatically upgrade from a HDTV release to say a Hulu release when it becomes available. Problem is that the episodes download, but never get moved to replace the lower quality version.

I can manually import the grabbed files, but it shows that the release was rejected because it has the same file size as the existing file. But if Sonarr has already deleted the original, why wouldn't it manually move it over? The only thing I can think of is that it is waiting some length of time to actually process the file. But shouldn't it be a semi-short amount of time between the file being unpacked to it being moved and marked as completed?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Nothing about it makes sense. I tried adding Magazines and I can't figure out how to do that either.

I've given it several chances myself. Finally gave up and just added the magazines I'm looking for to a custom search on Dog and have the RSS pass to sabnzbd. Kind of a kludge but it seems to work.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Having a strange issue with SabNZBd. No matter how many items are either in the queue or are being processed I'll lose connection to the web interface. It lasts for about 30 seconds, and then it reconnects.

I thought it was just my remote connection, but it happens if I'm looking at the web interface on the local machine. I've looked through the logs and not seeing any glaring errors. There are couple of places where I get an

code:
2020-01-07 10:07:14,163::ERROR::[__init__:999] Loading C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\sabnzbd\admin\postproc2.sab failed with error <class 'cPickle.BadPickleGet'>
and then the application restarts itself. Any ideas on where I should be looking for the issue?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

My subscription to DogNZB is about to run out. I already have subscriptions to DS, NZBGeek, NZBFinder, and NZB.su. Is it worth renewing the sub for Dog, or just let it expire?

I'm only pulling 9% of my total grabs from it, at least that is what Hydra is saying.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Yeah, I know I have a lot of subs. Been collecting them for a couple of years. I pretty much only use Dog to see what got posted overnight that I might want to grab manually. Otherwise I let Sonarr/Radarr do their thing.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that Sonarr is grabbing shows that have been watermarked with a torrent site. I've already added tgx to the must not contain list in Sonarr but some are still getting through. Any ideas on if I should start blocking certain release groups or words.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

If I remember correctly, you need to do something on the Amazon side of things. I think you might need to white list the sending email address before it will work.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

This might be an strange ask for help, but is there a way to have a standard search going all the time, but not have SAB download the files?

I'm in the process of upgrading my library to x265 1080p, but I don't want everything that comes down to be grabbed since some shows I'm OK with it being in either SD or 720p and others I'd like to get a certain release group. I've been doing a search every couple of days in NZBHydra and seeing what has been posted but is there a better way. I could setup a watchlist in one of my indexers but then I'm limited to what they have. I suppose I could setup a RSS reader and have that checking the feeds, but that seems inefficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

If I already have accounts on Geek, Slug, and .su, is it worth renewing my premium membership on NinjaCentral? Prowlarr shows it is my third most successful indexer, but I'm not sure if it is worth the renewal.