Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WayyyTooMuchIrony
Jun 28, 2008
For anyone using chrome or greasemonkey in conjunction with nzbs.org:

better nzbs.org
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/81145

haven't seen it posted here so I thought I would share. It makes things real pretty like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayyyTooMuchIrony
Jun 28, 2008
Although I have been using the sickbeard/ sabnzbd setup for a couple of years now I still consider myself a relative computer novice. Hopefully y'all can help me with a couple of simple questions.

1) Since my last Windows 7 refresh my installation of sickbeard has been creating two files every time I download a tv show. For example, if I download a new episode of show "xyz" there is a file at c:\users\me\download\complete\tv\xyz folder AND another one listed in c:\users\me\download\complete\tv right under the series folder "xyz". I simply want the episode inside the appropriate tv show folder and nowhere else. This seems simple to fix but I cannot figure out why this happens.

2) For the past month or so, new shows picked up by sickbeard and sent to sabnzbd will download very slowly if they have just been posted to usenet. My max d/l is 3.7 MBs/sec and I consistently get this speed on all other downloads (i'm connected via ethernet cable) Right now, i'm downloading some of my favorite shows that air on Sunday and they are downloading at 300-400 kb/s. Is this just because of the young age of the post? I don't remember having this issue before.

For reference, I have a astraweb block with blocknews backup server. I have tried making the blocknews the primary server with astraweb being the backup and received similar results, making me think that its not an issue with my provider. I'd appreciate any guidance I can receive.

WayyyTooMuchIrony
Jun 28, 2008
Ya i'm an idiot. I unchecked "keep original files" and i'm pretty sure that will fix it. Question 2 still stands.