Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:
Is there something I can do to get less "Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (1785 short) " type of downloads?

I've been using private trackers for a long time and I signed up for supernews today and half the time I either get rars with spam or this error. Is it always a hit or miss or can I do something to filter things out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

PirateDentist posted:

Are you finding files using nzbs.org or some other site? How old are the posts? Supernews has good retention but that's what I usually see when something has just been posted or is really old and not all the posts are within retention anymore.

I'm using nzb.su.

I probably should be looking up specific release groups, but i'm not familiar with who to watch for.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

I've been using Supernews as my provider and usually getting links off of NZBMatrix and haven't had any trouble.. until recently. For some reason the vast majority of "send to sab" links always fail, but if I download the zip and add it to SAB manually, it works most of the time.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

I get the "» URL Fetching failed; Unusable NZB file, Try again " error all the time. It doesn't happen with every file I download, just very many.
I have VIP status on nzbmatrix and I use their API key in bot sabconnect and sabnzbd..

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Feenix posted:

So I've been poking around (as best as I can) and when I try to run SickBeard as a Daemon in Terminal, I get an ImportError about not being able to find Cheetah.Template .

Does anyone have any idea what I might do to fix this? This all started last night post Mountain Lion GM.

You need the python-cheetah module for M. Lion. Make sure it's compatible. If the stable release isn't, the development version from git might. https://github.com/cheetahtemplate/cheetah

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

paradigmm posted:

Just tried it, this app is great. Did you configure sickbeard to be accessible over your network, or is it localhost only?

you need to make the address in sickbeard be 0.0.0.0 instead of localhost. And if you want it accessible from outside your local network, you have to forward the port on your router.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

I finally got around to replacing CouchPotato with CouchPotatoServer and it looks really great. The best change of course is that the Manage tab now works and I can see what quality everything in my library is and instantly update it.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

error: [Errno 48] Address already in use

This means that your computer goes to sleep and Sickbeard doesn't come back on wake. Sickbeard is attached to a file it creates in /var/run and it won't start another process untill the file isn't there anymore. So you have to manually kill the process.

An easy way to find out which process it is is to type
ps aux | grep python
and it will spew out all the lines running python.
ps aux | grep Sickbeard should work as well
You can then kill that process easily with
'kill -9 ####' where ### is the process id you get from the previous command

ps aux | grep Sickbeard | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill

The above command should find and kill the sickbeard process for you.
I've never encountered this problem because I run all the usenet apps on a computer that never goes to sleep, but I imagine it would get tideous to do it every time you open up the laptop. You could probably write a launchd script to restart Sickbeard every time your computer wakes up.

Edit: nevermind my troubleshooting. Everyone else is correct about it being the port number. The command should still work to find and kill Sickbeard though, so I'll leave it.

zalmoxes fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 18, 2012

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

pgrep and pkill doesn't work on OS X, but you can tweak the line I typed to get something similar and alias it.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Feenix posted:

Ok so Sickbeard has stopped again. I changed the port back earlier to 9865 but it stopped anyway.

I'm really having a tough time determining why. Safari won't load it, and I have no reason to believe it's on. I can't determine anything (as far as I can tell) using Netstat in Terminal.

[edit]
Wait... in Netstat I see this:
code:
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)    

tcp4     508      0  localhost.9865         localhost.53257        ESTABLISHED
tcp4     461      0  localhost.9865         localhost.53255        CLOSE_WAIT 
tcp4     499      0  localhost.9865         localhost.53245        CLOSE_WAIT 
tcp4       0      0  localhost.9865         localhost.51781        CLOSE_WAIT 
That would be the address : port I set to Sickbeard. What does that mean??

The local address is your SickBeard, the foreign address is your browser window. It doesn't mean anything. Did you try killing the sickbeard process?

ps aux | grep Sickbeard | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill

or

ps aux | grep python | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill

Have you tried wiping sickbeard from your computer and reinstalling it?

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

...! posted:

OK, I really, really don't get Sickbeard. It tells SABNZBD to download stuff, does not move or rename it at all even though I've told it to, and now it's having SABNZBD redownload stuff it just downloaded for no apparent reason. This is a mess.

Edit: It's actually downloaded several shows three times tonight. gently caress Sickbeard, I guess I'm just going to have to keep doing this poo poo manually. :sigh:

did you add the postprocessing script to sab and tell sab to use it for the tv category?

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Drevoak posted:

How can I use CouchPotato to properly sort movies into two different directories? I have my A-M movies on one drive and N-Z on another. I was thinking that in sabnzbd I could just manual place each movie in the proper category(A-M or N-Z) and let CP watch both the completed directories but it looks like CP can only watch one directory.

Have CP download to /downloads and then have a script that grabs everything starting with A-M from that folder and dumps it into the right directory. CP doesnt care what happens to a file after it marks it as downloaded.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

CouchPotatoV2 (CouchPotatoServer) allows you to monitor multiple folders where your movie library is and even select movies and redownload them at higher Q.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

...! posted:

Any ideas on what I might possibly be doing wrong here? I am becoming extremely frustrated at the entire thing.

pastebin your config file. How are you adding shows? Usually you add the first one and set the default download directory, and every other show you add has that default path.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Show us this page

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

I just pasted your config into a blank install of sicbeard, pointed it to Sab, and downloaded a new episode of a show. No problems at all. Renamed the episode and everything.

Did you configure SAB to use the sickbeard processing script?

This part is really important.

edit: output from the sabToSickbeard processing script. (you can see it by clicking on "More") Next to downloaded episode in SAB

http://pastebin.com/h3xsUF5t
Line 31 is the renaming bit.

zalmoxes fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 20, 2012

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Tell Sickbeard you want the show in a folder that's NOT /downloads/complete. That's the SAB default directory.
You want Sickbeard to have show folders somewhere else, maybe /downloads/sickbeard or /downloads/tv_shows or anywhere but /downloads/complete really.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

FAQ posted:

By default there are four presets that mirror the old settings - SD, HD, Best, and Any. You can also choose a custom quality setting by choosing which qualities should be downloaded when an episode first is released, and which qualities you want Sick Beard to re-download if they become available.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Speaking of the RPi, how well does it work as a server for Plex, and the Usenet apps?

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

You either have to move the binary into /bin or add the home directory to the $PATH.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Does everyone just use torrents if they need a whole season of something?

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

I have a hard time finding shows that have already aired a long time ago on nzb.su or nzbmatrix. Sometimes I'll find an entire pack but downloading 70Gb to only find out it's missing chunks would be too risky.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Tapedump posted:

Am I blind, or is there a way to change the desired quality of a CP Wanted download without having to remove and re-add it?

The wife is always trying to grab 720p versions of old stuff that is only available in a DVD-rip or something, and it's becoming tedious.

In version 1 you can't do that. In version 2 you can update qualities and stuff.

Why don't you use a quality profile that looks for the 720P version but will get a lower quality if the 720p is not available?

zalmoxes fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 27, 2012

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

stevesy posted:

OS X Mountain Lion broke my SabNZBD+. Does anyone use another client on Mac? I see a few in the App Store, but don't know which to buy. They're all pretty expensive too.

Did you try the version on git? If it's actually broken, it will probably be fixed in a day or two...
Another(cheap) option is virtualbox vm + linux server running Sab.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Feenix posted:

I'm having trouble with CouchPotatoServer (shocker! ;) )

I open Terminal, go to the right directory and then run Couchpotato.py. It launches Couchpotato but it literally looks like the exact same CouchPotato (not V2) that I had before (just without a Wanted list filled out.)
(also it's still on the same 5000 port, so I doubt it's the same.

Anyone have any experience installing CPS on a Mac?

Try shutting down V1, and make sure you actually are in the CPS directory. I'm using mountain lion and I seem to have no problem with CPS atm.

Edit: cloned the git repo to the desktop and ran another instance. Here's the terminal windows with all the commands.

zalmoxes fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 2, 2012

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

That's the last CouchPotato commit on git. (The old version)

For couchpotatoserver, go here https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer
There is no packaged version for OS X yet. you have to run the git version.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Feenix posted:

Ah, I see.

Everyone always says to do "git" stuff but I don't really know how. It didn't work when I tried. Any ideas?

Ok I installed GIT. It says I need to "restart bash sessions". Any ideas how I do that? Once I do I'm hoping I can "git"

open another terminal window.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

All you have to type is
'git clone https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer.git'
without the quotes.

In the future paste everything you get starting with the command you entered onto pastebin. It's easier to figure out things that way.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Feenix posted:

Thanks, I believe I'm all good now. I learned a whole mess of poo poo today. ;)

[edit]

Ok so I am running in detached mode (so I can close Terminal.) Is there a launch script that works in ML where I can get CPS to run in daemon mode or some such?

#! /bin/sh
python path/to/CPS/CPS.py -d

paste those two lines in a file then issue the 'chmod+x /path/to/file' command so you make it an executable. Now you have a file that will launch CouchPotato. Next step is to stick it into the login items Menu under System Preferences Users tab.
Another option is to create a launchd daemon (launchd is apple's replacement for init.d, cron etc).

Sabnzbd wiki has a nice example for running at startup, you can copy it and modify it for CPS.
http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/howto-osx-src

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

You pasted the script into TextEdit then saved it as a txt file, didn't you?

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

I usually use Vim (an you can write 'vimtutor' in terminal to learn the basics) but all you should do is save the file as .sh instead if the default when using TextEdit. Then apply the chmod +x command after. If it works, you won't get any confirmation.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

I only use either the default SD or HD setting and never have any problems that way. My rule is, if it's a show that airs multiple times a week, I'll get the SD version and if it's a weekly show, I'll get the HD version. Sickbeard is usually pretty good about doing that and I stopped using the custom qualities settings.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

Basically, the scene is ridiculous and cares a lot about things that don't matter to anyone else.

Enforcing standards is a good thing. There's a reason we all look for those releases, and I'm glad that there are people out there willing to do the hard work for me.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

SABnzbd allows you to change the download limit through the API, so all you'd have to do is write a script that constantly calculates your speed limit. Now to think of some clever way of doing that, i'm not sure constantly pinging is the way to go. Maybe you could monitor open ports for applications you care about (skype, netflix etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

That plugin adjusts the upload speed based on ping, but the download speed is based on the up/down ratio. Since sab doesn't upload anything, it's not very useful.

The plugin calculates a minimum ping, a max ping and then tracks an average ping time.
if the average is lower than the min - increase upload speed by a delta value
if the average is higher than the max - decrease upload speed by a delta value

downspeed = upspeed * updown ratio