Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

FeralWraith posted:

Ran into a problem today. Had the following error pop up, and I don't recall making any changes that would have caused it - [Errno 10061] Server news.supernews.com uses an untrusted certificate [[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:661)].

Spent the last few hours looking for a fix, but couldn't come up with anything, so I was hoping someone here could help me out.

I reinstalled Windows 7 a few weeks ago, reinstalled SABnzb, had it set up to run on SSL port 563, everything worked fine. I did update to 2.1.0 today, but I want to say it was still running on Strict verification before then. Anything I can do short of nuking everything and starting over?

There are a few solutions you can try at https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/advanced/certificate-errors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

In the Unraid webui, go to the Docker tab, click the Sonarr icon then Edit. Add :preview to the end of the Repository entry.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

Perplx posted:

Same I have newshosting and blocknews for backup which is the same, I bought usenet.farm block to diversify.
Also from r/usenet here is the current backbone map https://un.catnip.cloud/ .

This deal is pretty good https://controlpanel.newshosting.com/signup/index.php?promo=exclusive-bf-2021 .

"Includes 3 Free Months of Service"

"Exclusive Special, billed once for 12+3 months at $2.99/mo ($44.85 total), and then every 12 months)

Calling it 3 free months is a bit of a joke when those 3 months are part of the cost, lol.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

You have to actually login to the website at NinjaCentral every ~14 days with a free account to not get disabled. It's very much a means of pushing people to pay for VIP, as VIPs don't have the inactivity timer.

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

deong posted:

I've been having some problems with missing blocks lately. Seems within the last month or so, I've been having a hard time completing some older grabs.
Right now, I have FrugalNews (and Bonus! for whatever that changes) and BlockNews. I found WhatsMyUse.net, and that claims that both are on the same NetNews backbone. Is there another good block provider that is on a good complementary backbone?

e:Looks like I needed to post this to really look into it ha.
So the Bonus Frugal puts me into the Usenet.farm, but then both BlockNews and Frugal are within Omnicom.

BlockNews and Frugal used to be on Omicron, but changed to Netnews recently, which is its own independent backbone. So far that mostly means much lower retention for both BlockNews and Frugal, and that's what has caused all the completion problems. There's a big reddit post from the owner about why it happened.

Nullset fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 13, 2024