Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Rap Game Goku posted:

So is NZBGet "better"? I went with SABnzbd because that's what's in the OP, but half the fun is tinkering.

I haven’t been able to get SAB to saturate despite using the same config and infra as Get. I suspect that it may be using the HDD to cache instead of RAM but I could be wrong. They’re just slightly different approaches to the same problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I had that set to whatever TRASH recommends but it couldn’t hurt to juice it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

lol, ate a perma for that mid af video.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You may be thinking of Frugal

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It bears noting that to take advantage you have to “buy a shirt” or send them crypto.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Well poo poo, now I want to know what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Running EOL software that touches the internet is usually not a great practice (not that it was getting updated regularly anyway). If the base image it is using is staying patched it is likely "fine", but it would be wise to either contain the install in a jail or some other method to minimize potential damage or just migrate over to SABnzbd. I did the latter myself and it took a few minutes and very little effort.