Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Is anyone using headphones? I'm wondering how to get the post processing working... or does it work? I saw a few things from a few months about talking about how its wasn't implemented yet, but then another newer post making it sound like its up and working.

Am I wrong to assume there is a script thats needed (like sickbeard) for sab to initiate the post processing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Tailscale is super easy and rules. Wire guard wrapper

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Why stick with NewsDemon?
Grab a block of anyone else and test it for $4.

Not sure this is up to date but : https://usenetmap.b-cdn.net/latest.svg
Just buy a 50g block from any one that isn't under UsenetExpress.

deong fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 16, 2022

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

SlipperyNipple posted:

this floats around reddit quite a bit and seems to be easier laid out. https://whatsmyuse.net/

Cool Thanks!
I have to find that map every time I get issues with my usenet. This seems useful.

I'm using Frugal and block news. Looks like I'm on omicron with both of mine. I don't have issues so haven't bothered to change it up. Maybe i'll switch it up this black friday.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Tea Bone posted:

This is really useful thanks. Those maps that float around Reddit never seem quite right to me.

Is there any point in getting a backup server on a different backbone if they have the same takedown policy?

Currently, I have Eweka (omicron with NTD takedown) and Astraweb (omicron with DMCA), if I was to add say EasyUsenet (abavia with DMCA) as a third provider is that likely fill many (or any) missing blocks because it's on a different backbone? Or because it takes notice of DMCA, will anything missing on omicron also be missing on Abavia?

The way i understand it, is yes. It'd be better at filling blocks.
But from my experience, Blocknews has the blocks that are missing from Frugal. I thought they removed them at the omicron level but ayyy.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Weird
I jumped from sabnzbs because it seemed to be less functional than nzbget. I see no need for updates on nzbget as is tho.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Would just prioritized downloads fix your problem? What you actually want to do is watch ___ now and not wait on the queue?
I do t think there is much time involved with swapping tasks.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Tea Bone posted:

Prioritising downloads would probably do the job but I don't think nzbget has that as an option?

Yeah I found this option and came to the same conclusion. I guess also if you download to a small OS drive then move the files afterwards it stops you clogging up your first drive with temp files.

You can shift things around manually. I think you can set priority based on category as well for more automated way to do it. But if you're already watching it to see if its done, just slide the one you want to the top of the list.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Keito posted:

That could mean you're exposing your Sonarr/Radarr/etc services more widely than you think and someone came by stealing your API key. I really doubt an indexer would for no reason ban a person that's paying them every year, that's a loss for both sides. If I were you I'd verify that my server and services are properly secured.

I was probed for account sharing because I had been sharing an account for a decade and then policy changed. Completely slipped my mind that's what was happening. It was my old roommate that I'm still great friends with and we never shared our account... Whoops.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

History Comes Inside! posted:

There’s a diagram somewhere ITT (possibly in the OP but I’m phone posting right now and it won’t load) that’ll tell you which providers are actually using different backends instead of just reselling the same servers, so just pick one that’s different to your current provider and add it as a lower priority server in sabnzbd. Make sure you add it as lower priority so it doesn’t just get burnt through for no reason when stuff is available on the main service.

https://svgshare.com/i/iG8.svg

This is 7 mo old, not sure where to find a newer version, but it's based off : https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers#wiki_usenet_services_map

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Are trash guides still the best way to do it?

Yep. This helps with keeping up with trash guide quality updates as well.
https://github.com/recyclarr/recyclarr

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

buglord posted:

Perfect. That's enough to get me started. Also, would you mind chatting on discord/PM regarding DMCA/safety stuff? you...probably get that question so apologies

Ill look into Frugal then. Not sure if it helps/hinders that im on linux, and am still learning how linux works so the programs might be different. But thats a hurdle that I myselef have to overcome.

I'm using frugal + block news. Apparently if you do a year of frugal you get 300+ g of block . I'm monthly tho.
Dmca is mostly tied to upload. Torrents are typically ratio based, so up/down. Usenet is d/l only so sort of side steps all that. I'm sure there are cases that happen, but mostly were in the grey.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I broke my Synology on migration, and I'm needing to start fresh. What's the current docker setup? I was using linusserver io before. But looking around I fell into https://mariushosting.com/ which uses primarily ghcr.io.
The big diff so far is the default user. Any guidance if one should be preferred?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Looten Plunder posted:

I'm surprised I didn't paste this in all of my rambling, but yes, i stumbled across that. I was getting confused by it because it's all focused on; and keeps mentioning, Docker and I'm not using Docker. I'll give it another go tonight know that I know I'm on the right track.

Knowing this also helps. I wasn't sure if I sposed to be handling that in SAB instead.

https://drfrankenstein.co.uk/category/initial-setup/
This guide has a pretty good set up of **arr on synology dockers.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Charles Leclerc posted:

Just different as far as I can tell. After you ignore the religious types they pretty much do the same thing and preference tends to be based on what works/doesn't work for you.

Mostly this.
Plex tends to be better at sharing with non technicals. Otherwise it almost feels like a different skin to me.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I like to grab music videos. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Motronic posted:

You're asking the wrong question. The correct one is do you have what it takes to meticulously curate 100tb of Linux ISOs? Watching any of them is entirely optional and barely related to being a data hoarder.

I feel seen

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

EL BROMANCE posted:

If legit TV and Movies had been fixed like music streaming was, they probably wouldn’t be caring so much about piracy in 2023 honestly.

Its insane to me that Music figured it out, but visual media hasn't.
There are very few times where an artist doesn't show up in my youtube music. Sometimes i have to wait a week or w/e.

TV/Movies are trying to fragment even further, and the *arrs are just getting better for it.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I used to use CouchPotato. Forget why I switched (probably dead project) to NZBget, but then I went to SAB. Now i'm back to NZBget

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I've been having some problems with missing blocks lately. Seems within the last month or so, I've been having a hard time completing some older grabs.
Right now, I have FrugalNews (and Bonus! for whatever that changes) and BlockNews. I found WhatsMyUse.net, and that claims that both are on the same NetNews backbone. Is there another good block provider that is on a good complementary backbone?

e:Looks like I needed to post this to really look into it ha.
So the Bonus Frugal puts me into the Usenet.farm, but then both BlockNews and Frugal are within Omnicom.

deong fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 13, 2024

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Nullset posted:

BlockNews and Frugal used to be on Omicron, but changed to Netnews recently, which is its own independent backbone. So far that mostly means much lower retention for both BlockNews and Frugal, and that's what has caused all the completion problems. There's a big reddit post from the owner about why it happened.

I grabbed a 200G block from NewsDemon; maybe that'll clear it up. They look to be UsenetExpress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Maybe set them to low priority? I'm away from home, but I'm pretty sure you can create a group with priority set.