Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Ashex posted:

I don't mean actually use them just to delete them once the nzb has been processed. It's annoying to go in to a directory and find a bunch of srr files strewn about.

Confgi > General > Tuning > Cleanup List. Add .srr there and they'll be deleted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Astraweb is going to be similar. Spend some cash on a backup server that isn't reselling the same service and you should be fine. I use Astraweb and Blocknews and it seems to be working fine.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I could have sworn there was a way to set priority of the unrar.exe process in the Windows build. When it runs now, it runs as Low, which can sometimes hangup the extraction process on my server for a couple of hours. Is there a way to change that? I swear I've looked at every menu item ever.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

inpheaux posted:

In Windows it isn't in the app, you have to go into task manager while unrar is running, and set the priority of rar.exe.

Yep, but it doesn't set it permanently. But no big deal, I need to figure out the runaway process on my server first, I guess.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm pretty sure it's demigrator.exe running away on my WHS box again. Pretty sure I'm gonna switch servers next year.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
MyNZB will do everything you want, and probably more.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Does Sickbeard have the ability to look for different show names? For example, the TVDB might have a show listed as "Show Name: The Anime" but the scene will post nzbs as "Show Name: TAS" or something wacky.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

You can request a scene exception.
http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2227

I suppose I'll do that, then. Thanks!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

LaserWash posted:

I'm working on getting a show that isn't listed as being in the correct season/episode number. Does that matter?

If the name/season/episode in the nzb file doesn't match what TheTVDB, then Sickbeard won't find it. It also won't pick up files outside of your quality settings (if it can find SD but you've specified HD, for example).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

LaserWash posted:

The show I'm trying to grab rhymes with

Don't do this. The Sickbeard forums or the thread on XBMC are a much better place to discuss specific shows and what not.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It should have a local db period.
The whole thing locks up when TheTVDB is down and doesn't even have an error message.

It has a local db. The only thing it relies on TVDB for is getting the original show info, then it stores that locally and continues to search for it. You can get into a bind when new episode information isn't updated on TVDB, then the TVDB goes down, because Sickbeard won't look for the new ep until it downloads the info.

I've never seen SB lock up when TVDB is down, just not be able to get new information and produce a lot of errors in the log. I'm running from source, though, so it might not be that way on other builds.

Speaking of, Sickbeard apparently added Trakt notification recently, but I have no idea what for. Trakt is for scrobbling what you watch, not what you download, right? :?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

duz posted:

Sickbeard uses xbmc naming which means it should be filename-cd1.avi filename-cd2.avi but I havn't actually tested it.

I have, and it works fine. Just use "Show Name - S01E01-E02.ext" and it'll scan in fine (that naming scheme will work in XBMC as well).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Those shows are in your Backlog, which is searched once a week by default. You can manually start a backlog search if you don't want to wait.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

dhrusis posted:

Yup! Search providers are set up. Sickbeard Index, NZB.su, and Wobble' in that order. Interestingly enough, if I search manually for this show in the Nzb.su web interface , the last episode shows up. There is no magnifiying glass by the show listing in sickbeard, for some reason, so I can't manually search for it. The other show has a magnifying glass, but still doesn't show up, even though I can also find it in nzb.su. I know you aren't sickbeard support, so I can post this on their forums, just didn't know if I was making a dumb error or not.

I would delete the show and re-add it, making sure you choose the appropriate directories during that process. Also make sure the quality setting is set to something that actually exists on the indexer (if you've set it to HD and it can only find SD, it won't find anything).

Also, check the logs and see if that tells you anything. If the manual search for something that you know exists fails, it's usually a problem in your provider settings or quality settings.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Yeah, the scene that names stuff on the indexing sites and the TVDB can just completely not match each other sometimes, which makes it a pain to search for specials and one-offs that aren't in the normal season runs. For those, I just search manually, turn off the SABtoSickbeard script, then rename the file to what Sickbeard/TVDB thinks it is after downloading, and finally run Sickbeard's manual post-processing to get everything renamed. You can then adjust the <displayseason> and <displayepisode> tags in the nfo file if you want it to appear in a specific spot in XBMC.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Have you tried manually running a par program against the files? Sometime SAB will fail because it uses the par files for the sample as opposed to the actual file.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I'm clearing out room on my WHS box that runs SAB, and noticed I've got about a gig of space taken up by the "cache" folder. Is it safe to delete this, or should I leave it alone? A gig is a lot when I've only got 20gb on the system partition.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Lowen SoDium posted:

Does anyone know if you can some how set up Sickbeard or SABNZB+ can some how publish their successful downloads to an RSS feed?

I would like to be able to pull that info from and RSS feed in XBMC and on my smartphone.

Not sure about RSS, but Sickbeard supports a lot of notification options. I use Growl/Prowl for push alerts to my iPhone. Same thing for Couch Potato. For managing SAB, myNZB is a great app on iOD.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Both CP and SB will need to be configured with your index of choice in order to search. SB includes its own indexer, which should be fine if you're just looking for new stuff.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

jarito posted:

1. SickBeard doesn't seem to want to download anything. Shows just pile up as missed, but if I got and manually kick off the search (by clicking next to a particular episode) it seems to find it just fine.

Config > Search Settings > Search Frequency

Maybe the issue is there somewhere.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is there a normal method for asking ISPs to bring service into an area? Where I live we have no cable, DSL, or really anything. There's about 25-35 residences on the street, but I have no idea how far away the nearest service is (or how to find out).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Thermopyle posted:

I like how thetvdb wants to pretend that 90% of their users aren't using the site to rename files sourced from the scene. Jerks.

What's weird is that the whole website started off completely robbing content from the old tv.com, and then was setup as an open-source blah blah blah specifically for the HTPC crowd. Why they decided to turn a blind eye to a lot of these problems is beyond me.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

YouTuber posted:

I just started using Sickbeard. It's managed to hit the API and pull something successfully that I wanted. However, it dropped it into the standard completion folder for SAnzbd. Is there a way to set Sickbeard to drop it into the folder it's downloading for?

Configure Sickbeard to use a specific category when adding NZBs, like TV Shows, and then configure a post-processing directory. In SAB, configure that category to put files in the post-processing directory, and set the post-processing script to SABtoSickbeard. Once files are finished they'll be moved to that dir, then the script will call Sickbeard to rename/move the file and create whatever metadata you've specified.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

YouTuber posted:

I'm trying to figure out Couch Potato since I'm now a fan of Sickbeard. I can't find an option to use Nzb.su in it's providers which would render it useless to me in any case. Is there a means of putting in custom providers?

It's the "newznab" section. Use http://nzbs.su as the host and whatever your API key is.

this may have changed since my version is way old at this point

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
XBMC, Plex, Boxee.

Probably inferior alts: Media Portal, MeediOS

XBMC is the real answer, though, it's amazing.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
It should, but you might want to test-drive the interface to see if you like it. I personally prefer the XBMC interface and various skins to anything that Plex or Boxee has done.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

tomm posted:

Although, for what I use the Apple TV doesn't seem that bad. Again though, I'd just be worried about the performance when streaming large MKV files. It's almost too small. Actually, does it even play MKV files natively? Really need to do some research.

There are pre-built systems that are great for XBMC. I have a home-built HTPC and an Apple TV that's jailbroken with XBMC installed. The HTPC is great, and I like having a Windows box so I can do other poo poo with the HTPC. It plays everything I throw at it flawlessly, and I hardly ever have an issue with it. That's using all kinds of plugins, skins, and add-ons for emulation or trailers.

The Apple TV wins on a couple of points: size, power consumption, and bonus features if you have other iOS products. I find myself using AirPlay way more than I ever thought I would. Using XBMC is great, but it's a bit limited by the ATV hardware, so you'll see some stuttering in CPU intensive skins. I've never tried 1080p stuff on it, as it only outputs in 720p, but it's played everything else without issues.

I don't think I mentioned it, but like others are saying the 360/PS3 is good for playback as well. I find them very finicky, personally, but others seem to not have issues with them. You can stream mkvs and what not if you install some sort of transcoding software on your main PC and stream from that.

This isn't really the thread for all that, though. Check out the HTPC thread for various hardware options, and the XBMC thread for specific info on that.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
It doesn't do Sickbeard, but myNZB is great and does everything. Multiple server support, lots of supported indexers, search/rss, speed throttling...the works. Great interface too.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
+1 for running from source. I saw the x264 SD stuff get added in a week or so ago

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Just go to localhost:port in a browser and see if it's open.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
ColdFusion? Say wha?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Has anyone had Sickbeard clear out the history on its own? I don't really care that much, but I just updated to the latest version (running from source) and the entire history is just gone.

Besides NZBMatrix and NZB.su (both of which I've kicked money to), what other site should I add as a search provider? I've already disabled NZBs.org so I can see if there's anything the other sites will miss. I was actually checking through the history to see where most of my nzbs have come from, it looks like the built in index is plenty nowadays.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is the NZBMatrix API just hosed? I've been running Sickbeard without NZBs.org as a provider, and it seems like any NZB file pulled from NZBMatrix has a 50% chance of kicking back a "URL fetching failed, invalid NZB file" or something.

I might just give it up entirely. I'm still not sure why NZBs would be showing up there sooner than the Sickbeard index or NZBs.su.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is there a way to send nzbs directly to SAB from the beta site?

Edit: oh, I have to edit the profile to see the send to SAB option. Gotcha.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

wolrah posted:

I think the "Send to SAB" option has the site actually connect directly to your SAB instance, so you have to have SAB available to the internet for it to work. On the plus side, this means you can queue things up from anywhere on the internet.

nzbdstatus on Firefox and SABconnect++ on Chrome seem to work fine with it though if you want to stay local. It's just Newznab with a few tweaks.

Yeah, I got it working. My SAB install is available on the internet so I can use myNZB and what not. Thanks for the info!

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

The Modern Leper posted:

I haven't been able to get it to work. The link appears, and it turns green when I click it, but it never actually goes to SAB. Did you do anything besides entering your NZB key into the profile?

I used the full API key, but I doubt that would make a difference. Remember to use the full path, including /sabnzb on the end. The ports have to be forwarded as well, I would imagine.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I set it up on my iPad and it worked, I just had to go into Sickbeard's settings and enable the API. I just used the host name and it worked one (I have a DNS redirect in my router so I can use the external hostname internally, though).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I just spent an hour trying to get port forwarding working on my father-in-law's setup. RDC was working, and even though the firewall entry was setup the exact same way, SAB wasn't. After digging through firewall logs, I finally figured out that Cox has blocked incoming traffic on port 8080. Switched everything to 9000 and it started working.

So if y'all are having issues connecting, try a different port. :)

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Does anyone offer free DNS anymore? I have two through DynDNS, but I can't seem to add another. If I setup a new account, I can't see anywhere on the site that they even offer the service anymore. Same thing with No-IP. I just want to setup something so that my father-in-law can access his stuff remotely without having to remember his IP. :(

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Seems like so much effort :(

It took about an hour for me because I had never used those programs before, but it wasn't that hard. It's worth it, I think. I need to get around to setting up the new CP as well, but I haven't had the time.

Is there a way to migrate your Wanted list from the Windows build to the new beta build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I don't know anything about building from source. Do you end up with a self-contained folder like the binary or do you have to keep a bunch of other stuff installed in order for it to work? I prefer it to persist across OS wipes (I keep SAB and SB on a non-OS drive).

I'm probably not the best person to ask. IIRC, all I did was install some sort of Git client, cloned the Sickbeard source, and then ran the .py file from there. I pointed it to my Sickbeard folder on my desktop, and it created a Sick-Beard folder in there, and I've never ran the Git stuff again. I just hit the update button in Sickbeard and it does it's thing. I'd imagine I could move the folder to another PC and it would still work...

Edit: I used TortoiseGit, at least that's whats installed on my server.

EC fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 5, 2012