Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boody
Aug 15, 2001
I've quickly scanned the sickbeard forums but haven't found any information on migrated from windows to unix. I'm experienced with SQL but am I going to waste a lot of time trying to get the sickbeard.db from my windows installation updated to work on a newly installed linux installation? One problematic area is the windows install hasn't been updated for a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

lilbean posted:

Why do you care if the database gets ported over? Can't you just tell it to scan the media directories and rebuild the index of shows?

Mostly to keep the details of the episodes I'd tagged and I also have vague memories of the initial scan not being perfect and having to spend some time manually sorting some directories out. Prefer not to do that again.

The DB changes seem pretty minor, location in tv_shows and tv_episodes. Although not quite sure what to do with the resource column in the history table.

Boody
Aug 15, 2001
Apologises for the NZB.su talk but looked at the SABnzb forums and couldn't find an answer.

I've a nzbs.org account from a long time ago and a nzbs.su account which I haven't made a donation on (or used). My understanding is the difference between the two is minimal. I'd like to sort a friend out with access to either, what's the best way to go about that? nzbs.org seem closed to new users, I don't mind making a $20 donation to nzb.su but not sure that will help.

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

inpheaux posted:

It looks like nzb.su has sorta-kinda open registration now. From their index:

Was looking at that but the big star/ link seems that points to "become a member" http://nzb.su/register is down at the minute. So wasn't sure if things are tied down to invites only and invites only for people who have donated or something else.