Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kbar
Aug 9, 2002

Are most of you guys using nettops just running XBMC as its own OS?

I wanted to do that, but I need an OS with a browser and Flash for YouTube, Hulu, and NBA League Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kbar
Aug 9, 2002

Those of you who are using an unlimited subscription with one of the domestics and a block-account with one of the Holland providers, are you just downloading things that have been recently posted?

I ask because my roommate and I have between us a Giganews account (Supernews), a Highwinds account (Newshosting), and a Holland account (XSUsenet), and we're still getting incompletes on older postings. Current stuff downloads fine, but when we try to grab Linux ISOs from a year or two ago (and well within our retentions), it fails.

You guys that are reporting success, could you try some older stuff?