Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!
I've had this with a sheild tv pro with Kodi through a denon receiver and a tcl tv. This setup works fine for dolby vision. The container compatibility problem must be what I'm hitting. I never transcode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
On my machine sab used 20-25% cpu vs 10% for nzbget at full speed. I use nzb360 on my phone to manage things, I suppose I don't see the nzbget ui too often.

As far as arrs, both downloaders worked identically for me.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003

Keito posted:

Tried to use NZBget for a period probably about a decade ago since I wanted something more lightweight on my awful hardware, but since it would fail on stuff that downloaded just fine in SABnzbd I moved back. The latter has since worked on offloading most CPU-intensive functionality to binary components so it's pretty impressive how well it stacks up against the C++ "competitor" nowadays.

Cool, I'll have to try out SAB again then. It's been about 2 years since I last checked it.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
This got me interested too since I've just continued using nzbget. Looks like a fork called nzbgetcom is trying to take over as official. I switched over to it without any config changes with docker.

Not an endorsement to migrate over, but I'm giving it a shot and so far so good. Nzbget is noticably more performant than SAB on my setup.

Dyscrasia fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 12, 2024

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003

MixMasterMalaria posted:

What does more performant mean in this context?

Much lower CPU usage during downloads. Something like 30% vs less than 10% if I remember correctly.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003

Motronic posted:

Does nzbget unpack during downloads? That could be a huge difference. I don't know the exact criteria required because it doesn't happen on every dopwnload, but more than half the time that's how sab does it in my setup and you can definitely see the disk i/o and cpu hit.

Nzbget definitely has an unpack stage after the download completes. It will typically start downloading the next in queue while all of the file operations take place.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003

Motronic posted:

Yeah, I wasn't really clear there.....I'm talking about unpacking the file while it's downloading it.

I understood. I do see an option to unpack during download though, as mentioned above.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Absolutely fair. I've not retried SAB for years now. I'm sure plenty has changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
There is an active fork for nzbget

https://github.com/nzbgetcom/nzbget