Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
I am pretty glad someone made a repo for SABnzbd+ on CentOS/RHEL. Kind of an asspain that even on 5.x they still use python 2.4...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Was anyone else using the CentOS/RHEL repo for SABnzbd (http://hansvon.homelinux.org/SABnzbd/RHEL-CentOS/)? Looks like it's not up anymore.

Tatsujin fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 14, 2011

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Goon Matchmaker posted:

Yeah it's dead. The guy running it moved it to another provider. I can't find the link for some reason though.

Thanks, I'll dig aorund and see if I can find it. For anyone curious, if you use a CentOS/RHEL server, that repo plus EPEL for the alternative Python 2.6 install that doesn't gently caress with the 2.4 install that CentOS/RHEL 5.x (and therefore yum) uses makes things a lot easier.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

I keep getting this a lot, but my login for newzbin is fine and I checked it twice in Sickbeard and sabnzbd

ERROR : Newzbin server changed its protocol

I recently topped up, is that the issue?

It works fine if I manually download the nzb and add it, so something in the API is the issue

I added the IP for newzbin2.es to my hosts file under newzbin.com thinking that was the issue, no effect.

Tatsujin fucked around with this message at 11:22 on May 23, 2012

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Tatsujin posted:

I keep getting this a lot, but my login for newzbin is fine and I checked it twice in Sickbeard and sabnzbd

ERROR : Newzbin server changed its protocol

I recently topped up, is that the issue?

It works fine if I manually download the nzb and add it, so something in the API is the issue

I added the IP for newzbin2.es to my hosts file under newzbin.com thinking that was the issue, no effect.

hm weird, I did

sed -i 's/www.newzbin.com/www.newzbin2.es/g' /usr/share/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd/newzbin.py

and that fixed it *shrug*

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

I finally got things running smoothly with the following combo

1. A Linux Debian Squeeze server in a data center somewhere running sabnzbdplus and transmission-daemon
2. My home desktop (win7) running a special fork of sickbeard with better anime support (http://sickbeard.lad1337.de/) and a monthly build of XMBC 12.0 (needed the 10-bit H264 support for anime unfortunately)

I preferred to use sickbeard's post processor again because of anime (it allows me to name by season and absolute number, because sometimes episode numbering is ambiguous), so I just setup an NFS share and have it mounted in windows as a drive, and setup Sickbeard's post-processor to point to that share. I need to figure out if there is any significant overhead added as the download on my connection is only 25mbps.

Also, sabnzbd has post-processing, but it is called sorting in the options

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

I'm trying to get sickbeard to use SSL on windows, but it keeps saying that it can't find pyOpenSSL. I made sure to install this specific version (since sickbeard on windows uses Python 2.7):

pyOpenSSL-0.11.winxp32-py2.7.msi

but it still doesn't appear to be working. Do I have to install the full Python 2.7 installer for windows, and then get sickbeard to use that?

EDIT: nevermind, just had to copy the OpenSSL directory under site-packages to the lib directory in sickbeard's root.

Tatsujin fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 19, 2013

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

I'm working on my CouchPotato setup, and it seems to have major issues talking to SABnzbd for some reason:

code:
02-22 19:07:45 INFO [hpotato.core.plugins.base] Disabled calls to USERNAME for 15 minutes because so many failed requests.
02-22 19:07:45 ERROR [.core.downloaders.sabnzbd] Failed sending release, use API key, NOT the NZB key: Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not NoneType
I am using the correct API key, should I just wait 15 min before trying an NZB download again? The thing was that I was seeing this before it said it disabled calls for 15 min

I am using CouchPotato 2.0.6.1 (windows) and SABnzbd 0.5.4 (debian)

EDIT: oh wow my version of SABnzbd is out of date, probably why.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

So, how exactly does autoProcessTV.cfg work? I have it properly configured in my sabnzbd scripts folder, and I have it set as the script under tv for sorting

I see this in my log

code:
2013-02-28 20:22:10,875::INFO::[newsunpack:143] Running external script /home/user/.sabnzbd/scripts/autoProcessTV.cfg(/home/user/incoming/tv/something.nzb, something.nzb, something.nzb, , tv, alt.binaries.something, 0)
And I see nothing else, either in sabnzbd or sickbeard (nothing is added to sickbeard). Here is the contents of my autoProcessTV.cfg

code:
host="some.host.name"
port=8081
username="someuser"
password="somepassword"
web_root=""
ssl=1
My host for sickbeard is just https://some.host.name:8081. Should I put web_root as "/"?

In sabnzbd, I have tv sorting disabled, and in sickbeard's post-processing settings, I have the remote directory listed for my TV downloads for sabnzbd (using NFS), but I have "Scan and Process" unchecked because it says "NOTE: Do not use if you use sabToSickbeard w/ SABnzbd+!"

I should clarify that sabnzbd and sickbeard are on different remote systems, but they can talk to each other just fine.

What exactly needs to be changed here?

EDIT: oh right, I'm supposed to copy that entire directory from sickbeard and have sabnzbd+ call autoprocess.py. Makes sense now.

Tatsujin fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 1, 2013

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Apparently I am still having issues with sabtosickbeard.py. I have properly uploaded sabtosickbeard.py and autoprocesstv.cfg to my plugins directory in SAB and properly set the location of the scripts directory (~/.sabnzbd/scripts). Looks like it created an AutoProcessTV.pyc file with incorrect ownership that I fixed manually. Hope this works.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Daktari posted:

supernews keeps failing a lot of stuff. Over 60% with contents over 100ish days. Am I messing something up, or is this a known issue (with supernews)?

Weird, I just got back from vacation and when I turned my SB instances back on, nearly 75% of the downloads failed, when they were fine last week and virtually nothing changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Man, it would be nice if I could get a working unrar binary on my router, this is making running sabnzbdplus directly off of it impossible (Asus RT-N16 /w Tomato Shibby)

It segfaults no matter if I install it from optware or compile from source, it sucks.