Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I use nzbgeek for indexer and newsgroups.ninja for provider. Have had much better experience with those two than the ones I used before (nzb.su and newshosting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I didn't know that, so I guess the big difference was between indexers. I used to have to buy blocks on another provider when I had nzb su and I haven't done that since switching to geek

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I'm no expert but I've been paying for newsgroups and index access for... 15 or so years now? I have used PayPal and straight credit card if PayPal isn't available and I've never had any issues.

If your sab isn't accessible from the internet at large (and it shouldn't be) I don't think you have to do anything special

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Volguus posted:

Why does it need accounts though? What's the service they provide?

I haven't used jellyfin but I assume it's for different users?

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Man I wish it was possible to solve the specials being in the wrong season thing. Thats about the only time I have to go do anything manually. Is it possible? I've never looked into all that sonarr customization stuff since it works the rest of the time

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
It's an annoying problem for British TV shows especially for me cause they love their Christmas specials

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Aware posted:

Don't get me wrong SAB is fine, good even, I just think it's ugly and don't like using it.

I've been using sab for almost 15 years I think. Back before I moved everything to docker I had the plush UI in it. Then one day I updated cause I was super out of date and I found out that UI wasn't updated anymore and I hated the default so much.

These days everything is fully automated and the only time I open sab is to check history to see if something failed when it's not where I expect it to be so I don't care what it looks like

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Which ones need that? I have geek and nzb su and it seems I've never enabled the redirect option and also never had issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I paid for a license for this one years ago and its great. The dev is always updating it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevinforeman.nzb360

Similar to the Lunasea one, let's you add all your apps to it. If anyone has used both which do you prefer?