Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone running SABnzbd/CP/SB from an Ubuntu headless server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Comcast Business just bumped their speeds, specifically 16/3 from 12/2. Still pleased to push 2+TB/month for $60.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

What are people's experiences with private trackers? It seems like like they might be a better source for more obscure/niche type of stuff, especially from the top 3 TV/Movies/Music ones.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

ACID POLICE posted:

My roommate indiscriminately signed up for a Newshosting.com Unlimited account and paid for a whole year up front.

http://www.newshosting.com/en/usenet-access-plans.php

It's his money, not mine, so I'm not very concerned, but I was kind of underwhelmed by the selection I've been finding on various NZB search sites. Should I convince him to sign up with someone else/better or is Newshosting cool, I should probably just be looking for :filez: elsewhere?

What are you using for an indexer? Try signing up for a free NZBMatrix or nzb.su account.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Seems to be about the same with me using Astraweb, even with all the madness in the past few weeks. Then again, I usually have SB check every 15 mins and CP once an hour.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Larry Christ posted:

Oh cool, and right after I paid for VIP. I used paypal, anyone else in the same boat? Think I could get the 10bux back?

I'm not sure how if they throw NZB sites in the same category but PayPal has a pretty strong 'gently caress you' policy when it comes to do anything file sharing related.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Does anyone actually download linux distros off Usenet? I'm trying to find the newest Debian and I'm terrified of Binsearch :negative:

I'm sure you've heard of it before but if not, HashTab is a great integration tool for any sort of apps you snatch. Easily compares the MD5/SHA-1 hashes to make sure no one did anything funky to the install.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

For anyone who has a Tweaknews account, how do you like it? I'm aware they still do takedowns but the process doesn't seem automated like Astraweb. Since my month with them just expired, I'm thinking of jumping ship. Free trial is a bit slow though.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Nothing like this exists. Pick a sub from a big USP that gives you the best speed and retention for the cheapest amount, then buy 1-3 block accounts from other back end providers.

Every USP responds to DMCAs, you could probably look at it as every USP having the same percentage of takedowns, just some stuff might be available on one backend that isn't on another. That's why you buy block accounts when they're on offer.

Personally I still have my Astraweb one and an XSUsenet setup as a backup that I don't pay for, they allow account sharing and someone has been letting me use it for a long time and I never have problems with incompletes.

Agreed, although some are slower than others to comply. I agree, if you have an CP/SB set up with a decent search time, plus a few block accounts, you're fine. Currently still on Astra with a free XSUsenet account along with block accounts with Tweaknews and BlockNews. No issues.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Invite for nzb.su, 3rd PM gets it.

E: gone to fattypigfatty.

kill your idols, spamming my inbox with PMs is a nice way to get DQed.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 2, 2013

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I have 2 nzb.su invites.

Gone!

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 9, 2013

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Invites gone.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 14, 2013

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Do you use lastpass? I know on some sites that rotate captchas, lastpass will save them and override whatever I put in for that session.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Same. It seems to be a pretty common problem so I wonder what's up.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

They're the best provider I've had so far. I have unlimited accounts with both them and Astra. Even popular stuff works a week+ after indexing with both of them going.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

ClassH posted:

Are your complete and incomplete set to the same drive or a share?

That shouldn't make any difference. My incomplete is an SSD and complete is on the NAS. No issues for the most part.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

There's at least one site out there that is a legitimate cross between torrents and usenet, since users post NZBs. I've been told that you can't automate it like with SB/CP but due to naming files with random names/encrypted RARs, the retention is overall much longer.

Its not exactly something I'm interested in otherwise I'd seek an invite.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I've ditched CP in favor of SAB's renaming/deleting system because its so unreliable. Using the watchlists on indexers themselves has been much more useful.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

DOGnzb is open for 1000 new users, get in while you can.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Closed!

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 14, 2013

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

DOGnzb Staff posted:

A little hint for all friends that did not make it on time yesterday. In case you do not have any invites yet there is always our IRC channel. Regulars looking for an invite will be rewarded. Participate, hang around and watch for staff members offering invites once in a while.

#dognzb on SynIRC.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

demonachizer posted:

Anyone know what the best indexers are to use for music? I have a pretty good setup going right now with couchpotato and sickbeard using two usenet providers (one as a backup) and nzb.su as an indexer but nzbs.su doesn't allow Headphones to connect to them so I can't really use Headphones with them and the public/free ones that I have found are kind of junky. I don't mind pay sites if they are really good.

EDIT: Or if there is something like couchpotato and sickbeard for music that works with nzb.su that would work as well.

Headphones is banned on a lot of indexers due to the code being poor.

Honestly your best bet for music is waffles or what.cd despite them being torrents.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Nope. Anyone been having trouble with Tweaknews lately?

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 1, 2013

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Syano posted:

Well that was sure over and done pretty fast

Its still going on. Limited number of slots though. :)

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 1, 2013

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Are you trying to use a prepaid disposable credit card like vanilla visa?

If so, cards like that will only work with US vendors. Since Astraweb is an international one, it requires a "real" card tied to name, address, SSN, etc.

I guess federal laws, money laundering, etc reasons.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Mighty Zoltar posted:

Anybody know how to change your email address on nzbs.org? I will be losing a domain in a couple of months where my account is registered, so want to get it updated. The site is not helpful at all

Might have to try their IRC or perhaps the contact us button will work. They locked 'em down due to account selling awhile back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

For those using Hydra2, I would recommend adjusting the memory settings to 512 or even 1024MB. Seems to crash the Docker if supplied with less.