Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

widds2v
Aug 23, 2004
Sorry, I'm socially retarded.

mpeg4v3 posted:

I've been using UseNetNow (same company that owns BlockNews) for the past six months (since their Thanksgiving deal), and I've noticed that lately, I'm running into a LOT of incompletes, a lot of the time just-barely, too (like, 30 blocks needed after par2s out of 2,500 total). I'm just wondering if this is all just DMCA bullshit, or if anyone else running UseNetNow/BlockNews has been seeing the same sort of issues and has switched to a different provider that hasn't been having issues.

A lot of stuff recently is being messed up by "Private Usenet Index" sites renaming files with illegal characters. There are tons of posts on the NZBS.org site about it. Most of them fail PAR checks but if you just extract with "keep broken files" checked it comes out perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widds2v
Aug 23, 2004
Sorry, I'm socially retarded.
Question:

In server setup it shows the "name" of my server being "news.supernews.com:563" even though my port is set to 443. If I have 443 in the port and SSL box checked it will test connection fine, if I uncheck SSL box and leave 443 it errors out. Does the SSL box force port 563 regardless of what you put in the port field?