Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

torjus posted:

Sickbeard's own index is really good.

Is there a way to access sickbeard's index without using sickbeard itself?

I've found that after I get beyond a certain number of shows added it just shits itself and grinds to a halt, never to download anything ever again so I've moved over to nzbdrone which seems to be a hell of a lot faster and also manages to overcome issues where "scene" naming doesn't tally with official listings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

There are dozens.

I switched to UsenetXL when I got the email about astraweb cancelling my rebilling since I'd had enough of failing downloads and so far they haven't been any better despite supposedly being based solely in the Netherlands where Linux isos roam free.

Mileage may vary in terms of how DMCA friendly any euro provider is I guess.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So I may be usenet retarded, but I posted earlier about how I went by the posted diagram of usenet resellers to deliberately pick out a netherlands provider when Astraweb cancelled my rebilling. I removed all of Astraweb's servers from my SABNZBD install and only have UsenetXL information entered.

I just checked out my connections and here is what I'm getting:

Is this a sign that UsenetXL are infact just reselling Astraweb's EU feed, which is being DMCA'd along with their normal feed that I was hoping to get away from in the first place? I've been using UsenetXL for a couple of weeks now and this is the first I've bothered to look at the connections. They weren't listed as an Astraweb reseller on the chart which is kind of a bummer to find this out now if that's the case. Or am I just misunderstanding how usenet article naming works?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

With the goonzb project, would it be possible to write some kind of script for sabnzbd that automatically posts back comments or some kind of +/- votes to the scraped nzb posts to confirm whether they repaired and extracted ok or not? Maybe it could even include the provider from the client's server settings so people can see what networks have the completed files if there are any queries over completion?

Would be a lot easier than relying on people to go back and manually comment later on, although I can see how it would lead to less of a feeling of community it would at least give a good shot at building a high quality database.

Ignore me if thats an impossible/dumb idea, just thinking out loud.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

YouTuber posted:

Accounts should be asked to plug in their backbone/block so there is a means of tracking what is missing where when it rates things. If it is down on Astraweb it's totally irrelevant for someone on Highwinds.

You mean like

DicksToAsses posted:

With the goonzb project, would it be possible to write some kind of script for sabnzbd that automatically posts back comments or some kind of +/- votes to the scraped nzb posts to confirm whether they repaired and extracted ok or not? Maybe it could even include the provider from the client's server settings so people can see what networks have the completed files if there are any queries over completion?

Would be a lot easier than relying on people to go back and manually comment later on, although I can see how it would lead to less of a feeling of community it would at least give a good shot at building a high quality database.
:allears:

Feenix posted:

Wait so is NZBDRONE a full-featured replacement for SB?

Pretty much, although it doesn't have a dedicated index like sick beard, it does support stuff that sickbeard doesn't due to not being chained to tvdb and the morons who insist on their stupid numbering system.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NZBSRUS has reinstated my VIP subscription apparently. I didn't put in a ticket for it because I figured gently caress them, and today I logged in to see if I could grab a couple of things and discovered I have VIP now for 12 months.

Not quite the lifetime I was promised when I originally subscribed but hey ho, I've only grabbed 79 nzb's from them since I opened the account so it's not a massive loss. Anyone else who had their account downgraded should probably go see if they have theirs back too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How portable are SABNZBD, Nzbdrone, Headphones etc.?

I ask because I managed to kill my laptop before backing anything at all up, and while that's out of action I want to temporarily set up all my usenet poo poo on my desktop. Would it be possible to just grab the folders from my desktop and drop them back onto the laptop when that's up and running again, since nothing is actually installed so much as it's just running out of extracted folders? Or do they store various things in the bowels of the appdata and programdata folders that I'd need to be wary of?

I basically just wanna know if I should just set up the essential stuff and make do until I'm going to get everything back online, or if I could do the whole hog now and then just shift the folders because I'm super lazy and I don't wanna do it all twice.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

yotoc posted:

Looks like more nzb.su invites are going out. PM or email jay@yotoc.com

PM sent :)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

yotoc posted:

Looks like more nzb.su invites are going out. GONE!

Did one come my way? I don't seem to have had an e-mail about it is all.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gromit posted:

My invite to NZB.su seems okay, although it hiccuped a bit during registration. When I try to login putting in the wrong details it tells me "login failed", but correct ones just reset that login window.
If I select "forgot password" I input my email and it tells me "No user with that email address was found". I can't re-register as my invite is now "old or already used".
I think I broke it, yeah?

e: can current users look up members? If so, can you check to see when "gromit" joined to see if it lists today's date?

Are you trying to log in with your username or your e-mail address? For some reason when I first registered if I tried to log in with my e-mail address it would never work, but if I used my username it worked fine. My e-mail address was set correctly and I received stuff from the site in my inbox just fine so I assume something somewhere was busted on their end. It works now so maybe new accounts have some kind of issue where the e-mail isn't set up for login right away but the username is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gone

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Feb 14, 2013

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Legs Benedict posted:

So, what's the scoop on Giganews' Diamond Plan? I currently pay for Supernews + a separate proxy service which winds up running me about $20 a month. Diamond Plan is $35 after the first three months, but also includes their VPN service which is what interests me. Is it a good solution if I want something all-in one so I can just pay one company every month? For what it's worth, I currently use a proxy to bypass MLB.tv regional blackout restrictions.

I used to use giganews when I could afford the diamond plan and it was awesome. I used to use the VPN to unlock steam games that released super early in other regions. The VPN service was pretty drat good bandwidth-wise too, so it would be perfect for streams.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I updated SABNZBD+ because it supposedly had a fix for falsely flagged encrypted files, of which I had one or two.

Now my whole queue of about 40 files is flagged as Encrypted and paused at ~80% each.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Telex posted:

is there something wrong with nzb.su or are they just dicks who deleted my account because I didn't re-up VIP with it?

Says I don't even have an account now, which is a pretty lovely way to go I think after paying for the site for a year and a half if that's the case.

Is that a recent development or have you only just tried to use it after a couple of months inactivity? They went through a purge of non-VIP accounts several months ago when nzbmatrix got taken down and everyone starting flailing wildly for alternative indexers. Invites are all over the place now though so it's super easy to get a new account.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Does sonarr not support storing your library on a network drive?

I just set everything back up after a few years off usenet, sickbeard used to be fine as long as I mapped the relevant folders on the NAS to a drive letter but sonarr doesn't seem to want to co-operate.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Apparently somehow my nzbcat api key got into the hands of 18 other people so my account got suspended for a couple hours while they got hold of me to see if I'd just been account sharing.

They can't tell if it was someone logging into my account to get the keys or if someone got it from my sonarr install somehow because they don't track logins so that's an exciting potential security problem for me to look at!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve been using astraweb on its own for a few years now (after moving away from them completely for a little while because of too many incomplete files :v:)and I can’t remember the last time something didn’t complete, see how you get on before you buy more blocks if you’re gonna switch your main.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve very occasionally had the same thing in Sonarr where hitting manual import leads to being told there aren’t any files to import go gently caress yourself.

I just go and manually move those files instead, sonarr will index them next time it refreshes the library. It is a mystery.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Anyone got a recommendation for a good indexer to pair with Mylar?

Also why is Mylar such an unwieldy piece of poo poo compared to the equivalents for virtually any other thing? Just lack of interest leading to lack of developer really caring that much?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If I’m happy with Sonarr and Radarr just doing what they do, why would I want to add Prowlarr to the mix?

Genuine question, I keep seeing people recommend it but as far as I can see it doesn’t do anything except have some pretty stats about your usage and add a freeform search box.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t use NZBHydra either so :shrug:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve already got all my indexers set up in my various things so yeah, they’re not gonna do anything for me.

If I ever have to start from scratch though maybe I’ll look into it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Slug more often than not throws unavailable errors in my setup and I rarely if ever pull anything from it.

Seems to be a pretty lovely indexer, nzb.su and nzbgeek work well enough for me.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My other indexers all chug along perfectly happy so if it’s in my setup it’s something slug-specific, and I apparently don’t need it enough to justify looking for a problem so :shrug:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I keep getting it with downloads of anything that includes an installer and separate files instead of just coming packaged as an archive of some kind, so they’re totally worthless because they look for specifically named files and not abc.blahblah, and there’s no way to unfuck that since you have no way of knowing which abc.blahblah is which.

I’m probably missing some trick to fix it but I don’t care that much nor do it that often that it’s really a hindrance.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have 16tb of very simple NAS I was going to replace with something bigger and fancier but everything costs way too much right now.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Is there a way to get better failed download handling without an *rr? I'm just lazy, don't want to download much stuff. Most of the time I can just download an NZB through the indexer's website and then drop it into SABnzbd and it works, but when it doesn't work my computer doesn't like it very much at all.

Not really?

SABnzbd has no idea what you’re downloading, it just takes the nzb and does it’s thing. All of the “that download failed, let’s find something else” lifting is done by an *arr because those know what you were looking for so can look for another version.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oh, try nzbget then

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Someone managed to jack my key for an indexer a few years ago and the admins just emailed me to say it looked like I’d been account sharing but they were resetting my key just in case it was an accident and giving me the benefit of the doubt.

I’m still not sure what part of my setup was exposed but you can bet your rear end I went through and turned on all the security options I could just in case.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Might wanna edit out the name of the Linux iso you’re trying to download there

It doesn’t know there are missing articles until it tries to download the file. The best workaround is to buy a block account from a different provider to use as a backup, as oftentimes missing articles are still up elsewhere. You want a block account because it’s not another monthly sub, it just gives you a big chunk of downloads you can use to fill out any gaps in things your main provider doesn’t have.

There’s a diagram somewhere ITT (possibly in the OP but I’m phone posting right now and it won’t load) that’ll tell you which providers are actually using different backends instead of just reselling the same servers, so just pick one that’s different to your current provider and add it as a lower priority server in sabnzbd. Make sure you add it as lower priority so it doesn’t just get burnt through for no reason when stuff is available on the main service.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I got tired of having to free up space or having to buy a bigger networked drive and decided after years of dithering over spending the cash required to finally bite the bullet and get a dedicated QNAP enclosure I can just throw more drives into, and since it has the option of running docker containers on it I might as well migrate all my *arrs too.

Are trash guides still the best way to do it?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I haven’t seen or heard anyone use the term warez for at least a decade if not longer

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The people who get dinged are the people distributing stuff and seeding torrents.

I can’t think of a time I’ve heard about anyone ever being busted for just downloading their Linux ISOs without there being an element of “and it was off a p2p network so they also distributed it”.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

AFAIK which probably isn’t very far it’s still asymmetric because even though it goes both ways you’re making use of the same width of pipe for both directions and sharing most of it with other users, and since downloading is more useful to more end users the bulk of that width is dedicated to downstream.

You can get symmetric connections by paying out the rear end for them because then you’re obviously buying a bigger pipe to push all your poo poo through.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Plex wanting me to pay for a license to stream my own content from my own network made me bin it off pretty much immediately, and I’ve never looked at the alternatives.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can do it if you’re setting up a fresh system and trying to backfill a shitload of things, but if you already have an established library and it’s strictly new stuff going forward you probably won’t ever get close to putting a dent in that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Does Lidarr have more poo poo in it than Sonarr?

If it’s checking for more things it’s gonna make more requests.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Catalogue it all with whatever flavour of *arr is relevant and you’ll know what’s missing because it’ll very visibly have a little red/grey line below each collection indicating there are ISOs missing instead of a nice green one.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

When I lived in a shared house full of nerds we built a windows home server box and used its weird Drive Extender feature to pool a bunch of spare hard drives for a monster 2.5tb of Linux ISO storage, a silly amount of space that existed just because we could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I could get gigabit but all my Linux ISOs are from other timezones so they download overnight when I’m asleep anyway, and I’d have to pay double what I’m paying for a perfectly cromulent 160mbit fibre connection for the privilege.