Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

WE CAN USE THIS :byodood:
Is there any specific reason to run sabnzbd as a windows service?

The only thing I can come up with, is if you have multiple windows users, so it will run regardless of whether the right user is logged in. I'm the only one using my PC, so that's not a concern for me. Any other reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

Is there any way to tell if and when sickbeard updates it episode listings? Or better yet, to tell sickbeard how often (and when) it should update? For the past couple of months I've just been hitting the manual update button every so often, because it never seems to do so itself.

Also, during the day I put my PC in sleep mode and wake it when I get back. Sickbeard attempts to grab new episodes pretty much immediately after my PC wakes up, but it usually takes ~30 seconds for my network connection to be established, so sickbeard invariably fails and only retries after an hour or so. Is it possible to do anything about this?

dwazegek
Feb 11, 2005

What's the quality of the spots like?

As far as I know spotnet grew out of the absolutely horrible Dutch FTD community, which was filled with people obsessed with getting reposts of scene content with hardcoded, user created Dutch subtitles. I left years ago, when I realized that almost all submissions were junk, and more often than not, scene releases would just get ignored, or only submitted days/weeks after actually being posted.