Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Sly Pistachio posted:

So is SABnzbd still an awful client that leeches off your web browser or does it have a standalone interface now?

you're such a goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Sly Pistachio posted:

says the dude posting in a thread dedicated to an ancient messaging system that less than 1% of the population have ever heard of

a messaging system that has now been adapted into a bizarre massive ftp cluster

sick burn bro

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Yes.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
In your post you mention a 50Mb/s plan??? Well 50Mb/s is 6.25MB/s so.... what am I missing.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Just pay the one time fee for NZBMatrix. It's completely worth it.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

rikatix posted:

Not related, why does the speed seem to vary so much? sometimes it maxes out my connection at 2.5 MB/s and hangs there for a long time, other times it fluctuates wildly between 600 KB/s and 1.7 MB/s but cannot get up into the 2.0 MB/s range.

Because your ISP is shaping or slow or non consistent or your pc is doing cpu intensive tasks and taking away cycles from sabnzbd.

also stop talking about searching

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

devmd01 posted:

I finally bit the bullet and dicked around with getting Sickbeard to work over the weekend, and I had issues with getting the windows binaries to work (2008R2). I eventually said gently caress it to the binaries, installed python, manually installed the cheetah lib, and set up a batch file in the startup folder to call the python executable with the sickbeard.py as an argument.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

ambushsabre posted:

I accidently saw grabbed some 1080p stuff earlier and now even my 720p stuff is a little annoying. Is there any way to have sickbeard preference 1080 for HDTV over 720?

There is no such thing as 1080p HDTV stuff.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
nzbmatrix.com

Not free but only a one time cost.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I get 15MB on supernews. Don't see why you wouldn't be able to get 5.

Also lmao $23 a month.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
SAB has a scheduler that will pause and unpause during certain times. Not sure why you care if sickbeard is running or not, all it does is pass nzb url's to SAB. Shouldn't take up any resources.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Gimperial posted:

To be honest it's a pretty good deal, I've been using it since he posted it and have had great speeds and no problems with retention, at less than half what I was paying before.

He should just have posted it in SA-mart, not here.

e: and with the code it's $4.50 a month, not $7. just hope he doesn't cancel it :(

He expired it already. So now his service is actually more than the yearly super news deal. Good business strategy friend!!!

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
no

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
What in the gently caress is Panda antivirus?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Tell them to dump that poo poo and get this

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

best protection out there right now.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
port forward it on your router and use the web browser? works fine for me

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Yea totally. I wouldn't want some fool adding a new show to my sickbeard called gay bangers 4!!!

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

maniacripper posted:

What the hard drive thing? Maybe I had some bad luck but I noticed that I went through hard drives incredibly fast when I used to run more than 10 threads at a time. I always thought that writing 10+ files at a time had something to due with it. :colbert:

It's always sunny when my internet goes out therefore the sun is causing my disconnections.

:colbert:

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

wolrah posted:

I've actually had this happen. The DSL at my parents' old house was unreliable as hell during the day, but worked mostly fine at night. We were further down the wire than should have actually worked at all by the spec, so we had a very marginal signal and according to Verizon the above-ground lines were sagging from the heat of summer days and causing enough of a stretch over the course of a few miles of wire to take our signal from barely working to broken.

We never had any problems in winter and it went right back to unreliable the next summer until some road work resulted in a lot of the line being replaced and the problems went away.

It's rare, but it's not as silly of an idea as it sounds.

No it's pretty silly, you get my point. There's always going to be exceptions but 99% of the time this whole correlation is cause bullshit is just that. Bullshit.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Change show in sickbeard to HD. Multi select all episodes of the season. Change the status to "Wanted"

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Half hour HD show which is actually 23 minutes = ~350MB
Hour HD show which is actually 43 minutes = ~1gb

Give or take a few hundred mb on hour long stuff, and give or take 70mb on half hour stuff.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

jarito posted:

Downloaded something from dropbox and jumped on a popular torrent and reached 3.5 MB. Better, but still not great.

3.5MB is pretty drat good, geez you spoiled people.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Reminder: You are on home connections paying less than $50 (assumedly) per month. If you want dedicated 50Mb then get ready to pay for it.

Biowarfare posted:

It's actually really loving horrible once you realise that the only reason it isn't 10.0MB+ is because of greed, monopolies, and taxpayer money being used as C-level bonuses

Yea that's the only reason.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Looks ugly as gently caress.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Ugh. I am so sick of nzbmatrix.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
shift + f5 mofucka

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

who to blame? sourceforge or sab?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
"error: [Errno 48] Address already in use"

netstat in a terminal and find out what's using the port

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
You are doing it wrong.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

wolrah posted:

They just didn't set up their DirectoryIndex correctly (and/or left the default index.htm in place). Any deep links work fine, just the root index gives you the test page.

http://www.nzbs.org/index.php will get you what you want.

This web page has a redirect loop
The web page at http://www.nzbs.org/index.php has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I honestly don't know how someone screws up the config so bad. I have never seen anyone in this thread have as many problems as you.

Follow a drat tutorial or something, jfc.

This explains post processing fairly clearly.

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 20, 2012

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

obviously you didn't else it would work

Gasp

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Thanks to others who mocked because it made me laugh.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

...! posted:

Because immediately understanding the arcane configuration quirks of two programs you've never seen before is something that should happen all the time for CS majors. :rolleyes:

heh, are you mad? Dry your tears with your cs diploma mister, it will be okay.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
You probably have to change your script directory in sabnzbd to your new sickbeard scripts directory on the new drive.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Rexxed posted:

A 20 Megabit connection is 2.5 Megabytes/sec, which is your theoretical maximum. There's multiple sources of overhead from things like making packets and SSL, and then the data has to travel through the routers between you and the site you're accessing. Not all of these router hops are going to allow you to maintain maximum speed. RIght now you're getting 30-50% or so of your theoretical maximum, which is pretty good.

This is dumb its not pretty good. I have a 25Mb fiber and it constantly pulls at 2.6MB/s.

Reboot your router. Does a speed test get up to full 20?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

b0bx13 posted:

Speedtest.net always shows a surprisingly solid 20. Router has been rebooted multiple times.

ssl on or off make any difference?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
how bout bypassing the router

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
If a speed test pulls 20 usenet should be 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0