Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Is it worth switching to Sonarr if I already have Sickbeard set up the way I like it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I think you can find old archived messages of people reacting to the Berlin Wall coming down.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
What's the best provider if I just want monthly unlimited bandwidth (or at least a ton of bandwidth). With the conversion rate Giganews is ridiculously expensive.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Burden posted:

I've been happy with Super News for 10 bucks. https://www.supernews.com/super-special/

Awesome, thanks!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Is there any reason to switch to Sonarr if I have a working Sickbeard install?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I set up real debrid and it's kind of annoying to get it running but it integrates nicely with the *arr apps and augments usenet. I also messed around with stremio and I guess it's a nice option for people who aren't as techy and don't want to mess around with a home media server but the UX leaves a lot to be desired. And also Plex just works everywhere.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
When was SAB released? I feel like I've been using it for over a decade.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

EC posted:

Pretty sure I was using it back in 04 which seems insane to me

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Like I think I have memories of using it in 2006 but I'm not sure if it was a similar piece of software doing the same job. Back in the days of running XBMC on an actual Xbox hooked up to a CRT.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

deong posted:

I used to use CouchPotato. Forget why I switched (probably dead project) to NZBget, but then I went to SAB. Now i'm back to NZBget

Wasn't CouchPotato a radarr alternative? I think I used to use that and definitely Sickbeard.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I always wondered what it would be like to drive and pick up a package while listening to royalty-free music. Now I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I finally got on Blocknews and wow I'm having way less problems filling older stuff now. My only provider was Usenet.farm for a while and I thought it was the norm that anything older than a month or two was going to have problems.