Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
My couchpotato has decided to requeue my library. It is just adding the exact same file with a .1 at the end. I stopped it and deleted the queue (is there a way to batch delete in sabnzbd? edit: nevermind, found that) but it just added it again today. What's up with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Jonny Quest posted:

Mine's doing the same thing. I cleared out everything on my "Wanted" tab and am starting over.

Well that's one thing I've never understood. Things would always get snatched, downloaded, and processed, yet still remain in the Wanted tab. Some things would move over to Manage, but I don't know how. On the Home screen under Still Not Available are a bunch of items that have already downloaded too.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Is there a favorite provider/package right now? I've been using my friends Supernews account but then the speeds were about a 10th of what they used to be most evenings so we switched to Astraweb. I guess Astraweb doesn't like account sharing though so I have to get my own now.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
How long has nzbs.org been down?

Also, looking at this nzb360 thing and I realize that I'm not getting everything I should out of my fileserver/usenet/htpc setup. Is there a comprehensive beginning to end here are all the things you should do guide for all of this stuff? Setting up the services, best practices for usenet, enabling remote managing/queuing, getting Plex setup for viewing while traveling, etc?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Mind if I ask how old you are?

Countless forms of web based communication have replaced usenet discussion. People just use usenet for automated downloading of things.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Have the little NZB download arrows I normally click on nzbs.org disappeared?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
My friend help setup a new server for me and I'm having some problems playing files once they download. I'll try to give as much info as possible.

The server is running FreeNAS but is just used for storage. The Intel NUC which is my HTPC handles Sonarr, SABnzbd, and Plex. I'm trying to watch files either through Plex or through VLC on my desktop.

When trying to watch something in VLC, it almost always dies if I try to click ahead in the episode. Sometimes I'll discover this just trying to watch it from the beginning and it will stop. Sometimes these shows that don't work though will play just fine in Plex. I can click ahead and it works. I've tried copying the file directly to the desktop to remove any network issues and it still won't play.

My two questions: why would they play in one but not the other? And why is SAB and Sonarr saying these files are downloaded and complete when they don't actually work? It's really annoying to think I'm going to watch something and then have it stop 20 minutes in. One of these things is happening with just about every episode downloaded.

(I've only tried one movie with CP and it downloaded first try and plays back fine through everything.)

edit: here are some more details. We had the server at my friend's house and we weren't having these issues. Thought maybe it was my network then, but as I mentioned above, copying a file from the NAS to my desktop and trying doesn't play through either. There is also another server in my house that is setup in the same way as the NUC (ubuntu server), but is also the file storage unlike my NAS and that has no problems with any files. It also uses the same newsgroup and indexer.

Yesterday a file downloaded, processed, and played in both VLC and Plex. We decided to turn off the processing script from SAB to Sonarr for another file and the file played in VLC, so then we processed it and it no longer played in VLC. This makes me think the script is bad, but the same script was running on my setup but just at my friend's house and it ran perfectly fine countless times. He has his own setup that is the exact same with the NAS + NUC, but his NUC doesn't have Kodi running on it. One thing that is odd is that my Kodi is using ~84% of the CPU and I haven't even configured it yet to scan a library.

edit2: I just tried watching that episode that I said played in both and now it plays in neither. How would something like that happen?

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 23, 2016

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I guess I can't say yes 100%, but it's not even in the picture when I'm trying to watch just from my desktop with VLC. That's watching right from the NAS. And when the setup was at my friend's place, everything was downloading and working fine.

edit: I was informed that you don't even need a script for SAB and Sonarr to work together so I disabled it. Right after a file downloaded it played in VLC. Then Sonarr did its own processing and renamed/moved the file, and now it no longer works in VLC. Maybe the problem is something related to transferring the file to the share on the NAS from the NUC. I have two switches on my network and the NUC and NAS are physically on different ones, so I'm going to put them on one and see what happens.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 25, 2016

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

bigis posted:

My block account got eaten again. gently caress this and gently caress astraweb.

In addition to my baffling issues above, questioning Astraweb's performance is another thing I've been doing. Seems like nothing can be found. Was thinking of switching to a Giganews Highwinds reseller but would then wouldn't be able to use Blocknews as the block. Anyone use Thundernews? Saw them on Reddit.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 26, 2016

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

suddenlyissoon posted:

The only reason I've stayed is the 3 months for $15 promotion on Astraweb.

I'm on the two months for $15 but that seems sort of average.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Jesse Iceberg posted:

I tnought Giganews and Blocknews sourced from different backends? I've used Giganews as my primary with Blocknews for block servers for many years.

Oh sorry meant to say Highwinds since that's what Thundernews is. You are correct.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Should I be looking into getting in on another indexer in addition to my NZBS.org access? It doesn't seem like stuff gets posted on there very fast or at all recently. I know a friend found something on Dog when I couldn't on NZBS.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I have an nzbs.org account and like 8 free accounts, but I'm wondering if I should spend the $5 here seeing how it seems like these sites go down often. That's the thing though, I'm not sure how secure it is spending on any of these sites. I saw SimplyNZB is having a sale too.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Anyone notice any good deals on a new newserver for someone starting fresh? Maybe get locked in at a good rate?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Is there a comprehensive guide to get a usenet setup? Walks through hardware options, which software to use, and how to set it up? For someone who doesn't know how to use linux, a lot of the options seem limited.

I already have a setup, but my friend has to do most of the complicated stuff. He also has it setup so that my HTPC is also the server running plex, sonarr, cp, etc. in ubuntu. I feel sort of constrained in my viewing options with a linux front end though, so I'm thinking of installing Windows on it and moving the services over to FreeNAS since I know they can run on that. He just doesn't like his setup having them on the NAS so he didn't set mine up that way.

I want to get Hydra and Radarr going. I also wonder if switching to nzbget would be better, but I don't think I know enough to just swap services like that.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Anyone with gigabit want to share their provider and their speeds? I'm only using 10 of my 20 astraweb connections right now so should probably open it all up first, but max I've seen on this new connection is about 12MB/s. Usually only around 6MB/s though.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
What's the point of having gigabit then? Don't need the speed for anything else.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I don't think I'll downgrade because the next level down is 100 for $60 with a monthly cap rather than 1000 for $80 with no cap. I want fast as possible downloads for when something of course fails to download or is corrupt and I don't realize it until my dinner is hot and I've just sat down on the couch. Want to be able to get up, redownload, sit back down and have it be ready to watch.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

Your downloading tool like Sonarr should automatically redownload it for you.

I still occasionally have a file that is corrupt in some way despite it coming from sonarr.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Supernews and Newsgroup Ninja both set as priority zero (splits dl between both I guess), 20 connections on each.

Highest I've seen is around that speed. I tried NZBget but it still was around the same speed.

I looked at a bunch of reddit posts and it seems like Supernews (Giganew specifically but pricier) and Newsgroup Ninja are the fastest. I've never heard much about ninja before this, but pretty cool if they're fast since it's so cheap. Also heard about downloading from two at once, but I don't think I'll want to pay for that.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
What provider do you use?

Also, with Astraweb I have US as priority 0 and EU as priority 1. I also have 20 connections. Does that mean they share the 20?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I followed these steps to get NZBHydra to work with Sonarr. https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/4x63mf/status_check_sonarr_nzbhydra_nzbget/

It does work, but after awhile if I search for something in sonarr it's like there are no indexers. Manual search shows no results too. If I go back to Indexer settings and hit Test, it starts to work again. Did I miss something? Anyone else deal with this?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

ClassH posted:

Sonarr black lists indexers for a time if it doesn't get a response once or twice in a row. It will enable them if you test and it works (or some time threshold passes). I'm guessing it is doing that for some reason.

Ok then it's probably the free indexers I have that only have 5 API calls or downloads a day. They're bringing down the rest. I'm not at home, but I think I remember seeing a setting that I could change for those.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Thanks, just set mine. Although I don't know when they reset so I just left it at zero for the rolling reset. I also prioritized my two unlimited while the other 5 are the crap ones. I'll see how it works out.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Did newsgroup ninja just go from $6 to $8 a month? I signed up a few weeks ago at 6 and it still say that's what it is for my billing but the site says 8 now.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Any block deals for Black Friday?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Lil Devil posted:

I've been out of the usenet game for about 5 years now. Do people still recommend NewsHosting as their provider? That's what I had before and I remember liking it.

I use newsgroup ninja. You'll just want a primary unlimited preferably that has US, NL, and DE servers and then a backup block account from a different backbone. https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/providers

Question of mine. In Radarr I've discovered just recently that if I finish a download and then go click the Search tab for another movie, it can't populate that list of available files. I restarted Radarr to no avail yesterday and then my router today which may have fixed it. But then after downloading another file, it happened again. Any ideas? I've used it up until now without problems.

edit: wtf nevermind it works again. Don't know what is going on.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Is there readily available 4K stuff through Sonarr and Radarr? Is the HDR preserved?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Oh I'm a long time usenet user, but I've got an LG OLED on the way so I'm going to want 4K HDR stuff. I looked up a new blu-ray movie but there's only one 4k file up and the filename doesn't mention HDR so not sure about that plus it's only 17GB. Looked at another that had 3, two had NL subs, and one is a remux with Atmos that is 83GB.

Looked up an episode of a show that I know has both and there are two files which are huge (~20GB).

TV I can probably just use Netflix directly. For movies, just wondering if I'm going to need to get a UHD player to get 4K, HDR, Atmos, and/or DTS-HD MA / TrueHD 7.1.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Can't seem to get Radarr to find any search results on a server I'm setting up. I'm trying NZBHydra but also NZBCat directly. Everything works fine when using Sonarr though and all the tests between indexers and downloaders is working. I'm also using the same settings as my existing server so it's confusing me. Here's what the logs for NZBHydra say:

2018-06-29 18:55:01,046 - INFO - web - Thread-4 - API search request: SearchRequest [ type "movie", identifier_key "imdbid" , identifier_value "4686844", forbiddenWords "[]", requiredWords "[]", offset "0", loadAll "False", limit "100" ]
2018-06-29 18:55:01,046 - INFO - search - Thread-4 - Starting new search: SearchRequest [ type "movie", identifier_key "imdbid" , identifier_value "4686844", forbiddenWords "[]", requiredWords "[]", offset "0", loadAll "False", limit "100" ]
2018-06-29 18:55:01,071 - WARNING - search - Thread-4 - No indexers were selected for this search:
2018-06-29 18:55:01,080 - INFO - search_module - Thread-5 - nzbcat: Starting search
2018-06-29 18:55:01,241 - INFO - search_module - Thread-5 - nzbcat: Query returned no results
2018-06-29 18:55:01,271 - INFO - search - Thread-4 - nzbcat returned 0 results
2018-06-29 18:55:01,271 - INFO - search - Thread-4 - Removed 0 duplicates from 0 results
2018-06-29 18:55:01,272 - INFO - search - Thread-4 - All indexers exhausted
2018-06-29 18:55:01,272 - INFO - search - Thread-4 - Returning 0 results
2018-06-29 18:55:01,285 - INFO - web - Thread-4 - API search request completed in 239 ms

I thought maybe the part I bolded was why but it says the same thing when trying Sonarr. Searching directly on NZBCat shows results for the title.

edit: I think for some reason that movie just doesn't exist on that tracker. When I searched manually I did see it though and it's fairly new so I'm surprised.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 30, 2018

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
If I start downloading a bunch of files in Sonarr and I'm trying to do manual searches, after a few things get queued up, the manual search starts saying 'No results found' even though I know there are results (usually it's after E01 fails and I go back to try another).

I feel like the system is being overloaded. I use NZBHydra at the IP address below and here's a Warning I see in the Sonarr logs:

nzbhydra server is currently unavailable. http://192.168.1.4:5075/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100 The operation has timed out.: 'http://192.168.1.4:5075/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100'

I can still browse around Hydra though.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I'm seeing that it's down. Last activity for me was weeks ago.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I might need a new one too. Lost nzbs.org too. Only have a free account at DrunkenSlug which is open now btw https://drunkenslug.com/register

What should I get?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I have a show in Sonarr that's 720p, but I switched it so that I wanted 1080p. All the 1080p files in a manual search though say "Existing file meets cutoff: HDTV-1080p" but the files is WEBDL-720p.

The profile I'm using for 1080p only has HDTV, WEBDL, and Blueray 1080p checked off, with HDTV being the cutoff point. I do see that in the list of quality types, WEBDL-720p is higher than HDTV-1080p, but I can't drag these things to rearrange them. I'm pretty sure the little symbol for sliding is supposed to be there, but it's not. Is that why it isn't working? Any ideas why no slider? I'm on version 2.0.0.5.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Heners_UK posted:

That's your problem... and it took me a while to remember how, but if you turn on advance settings in the profiles, the rearranging grabbers appear.

Oh that's easy, thanks fixed.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
In NZBGet, how do I see the server that's being used for each download or how to see why it's not using my main server? It's all going to the block account and is very slow now.

edit: maybe it was just the last few things I've seen, but now I do see that it shows 100% failure for my main server which is Newsgroup Ninja. Doesn't seem right that it keeps having 100% failure.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 22, 2019

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Think this will be the thread to find out the good indexer BF deals? Saw the posts about it, but some posts when they're live would be nice.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Hoping there are lifetime indexer deals. I was spoiled by free nzbs.org and my $5 Cat lifetime.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
That Thundernews unlimited looks like something I should ditch my $6 Newsgroup Ninja for. I use about 300GB a month so about in line with the break point for unlimited over block.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Any speed comparing between NewsgroupNinja, NewsDemon, and Thunder News? Thinking of switching off Ninja to one of the better deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Sweet I have gigabit too