Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Just upgraded to 0.6, love the new interface tweaks. Thanks for your hard work inpheaux and team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
3 Ghz Xeon E3110 server with 4gb ram and 6.5TB raid5 space handles all of the utorrent and sabnzbd -> gigabit -> boxee box/wdtv live depending on room.

Completely overkill but the server was pretty much free and we have some of the lowest power rates in the country. v:hehe:v

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Not sure when this happened in the past week, but I am now getting

"Failed to retrieve RSS from http://nzb.su/rss?blahblahblahblah: text/html is not an XML media type"

when I attempt to force a read feed. I am using the built-in sabnzbd+ rss filtering options, and the rss url has not changed.

Any ideas?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Anybody run into this using the built in RSS processing and nzb.su? Other rss feeds work fine.

quote:

Failed to retrieve RSS from http://nzb.su/rss?rage=xxxxx&dl=1&i=xxxx&r=MYUSERID: text/html is not an XML media type

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

drwprtcht posted:

So I reverted back to the old way where I just drag the episodes into their season folders after processing and now they magically work again. :rolleyes:

I actually prefer doing it this way, what with propers and the like with my wierd folder structure I have set up. Takes about 60 seconds with rdp while I eat my cereal in the morning, and it'll be scanned and imported into the boxee box by the time I get home from work.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I finally bit the bullet and dicked around with getting Sickbeard to work over the weekend, and I had issues with getting the windows binaries to work (2008R2). I eventually said gently caress it to the binaries, installed python, manually installed the cheetah lib, and set up a batch file in the startup folder to call the python executable with the sickbeard.py as an argument.

I have no idea why I had issues with getting sickbeard to work a year ago, maybe it wasn't polished enough at that point for me to want to deal with it.

Goodbye lovely rss feeds!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

The Modern Leper posted:

Does it make sense that the redundant connections would prevent me from accessing other websites, or is this just a "it works, don't worry about it" situation.

Could be your router is crappy and can't handle the load.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
wrong thread im retarded

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 24, 2011

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
That's exactly why I grabbed a free account, though looking at server stats I haven't used it yet. Guess the stuff i'm grabbing isn't getting dmca'd.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Or if you know you just need to pause it for up to 6 hours, use the button in the top right of the queue list. It's one of my favorite features for when I get a bunch of items queued up during the day, then decide to play a game or something.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Sickbeard. Can it post process to a UNC path, as long as I run sickbeard.py as a user account that has the appropriate permissions to said path?

Edit: Found a workable solution, just use mklink to create a symlink on the local drive to the share you need. I'll have to do more testing vis a vis permissions but I think that will work.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 1, 2011

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

wolrah posted:

I always just mapped the network drive to a letter and it worked fine. Had to do that to get Sickbeard to properly access the pool on WHS.

I have no idea why I didn't think of this, but it works like a charm! :tipshat:

My sabnzbd/sickbeard/couchpotato/torrent machine is now completely virtualized, segregated into a DMZ for firewall rules, and dumping to the file server as it should. The only thing the file server is actually doing is serving files and acting as an iscsi target for vmware backups.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
People still download poo poo in sd? :psyduck:

The recent hard drive supply issues with the Thailand flooding notwithstanding, storage space is incredibly cheap, and drat near anything (computers, boxee, wdtv, etc) will play 720p+ h.264 mkvs. I really don't understand why SD versions of releases still exist.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Switching to nzbdrone right now, so far pretty painless. Only complaint is that there's no option to not rename.

edit: still doesn't handle a couple of certain popular late night shows on comedy central properly, but I think that's more a matter of the indexers than anything else. Back to an annoying RSS feed, :argh:

edit2: also, not flexible enough to edit/point a show to the correct version on thetvdb or w/e. A certain popular show on Monday nights starring Nathan Fillion is scanning as a boring ancient ruin exploration series instead of the actual show. I could mitigate this by adding the original air date to the show folder name, but I feel like that shouldn't be necessary.

edit3: no option to not rename files and just straight up copy them to the correct season folder. gently caress this, i'm done, back to sickbeard.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 27, 2012

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I didn't want to open up my sab instance to the internet (even with a password), so I use both. Anything at home uses a browser plugin, and then if i'm off-network I have dropbox set to sync to my server, and one of the folders is the watch folder. Drop the NZB into the watch folder on my laptop away from the house, it syncs over and gets loaded.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
nuked = removed from the top-level ftp servers because it is broken or doesn't conform to scene standards

proper = "someone else already released this even possibly us but here's a better fixed/working copy"

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Getting lots of these in the logs, and shows aren't updating. I'm on the latest sickbeard build. Any ideas, anyone else having issues connecting to the sickbeard index?

2012-11-04 18:48:31.009000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: http://lolo.sickbeard.com/api?sanitized
2012-11-04 18:48:55.236000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-82066 :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: http://lolo.sickbeard.com/api?sanitized
2012-11-04 18:49:16.515000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-164301 :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: http://lolo.sickbeard.com/api?sanitized
2012-11-04 18:49:37.825000 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-258480 :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: http://lolo.sickbeard.com/api?sanitized

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Bit the bullet and paid for a year of nzb.su vip. Hey look at that, shows are automatically being downloaded again!

Now to start actually using couchpotato.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Tapedump posted:

Good on you, but.. is $7.50 USD really "biting the bullet"?

I'm frugal. :shrug:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
HEY INSANE TOTORO, BUY SOME USENET ACCESS

:v:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Well poo poo, looks like nzb.su is gone. Time to find another indexer!

e: never mind, I’m an idiot that didn’t check DNS on his SAB server.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 6, 2020

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Tax Oddity posted:

I just upgraded from Supernews to Eweka after not touching my usenet setup for a few years.

Same here, along with finally adding a block account with the cube net. Stupid not to save $50/yr, even if it is only for the first year.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I need to renew with nzb.su, I’m glad I use privacy.com for anything Usenet related. I’m pretty sure a card got compromised with them a couple of years back so it’s a good thing to stay safe.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Head Bee Guy posted:

So is it a bad idea to sign up for Eweka with paypal?

Privacy.com is free. I’m happy I switched to eweka, it downloads way faster than supernews ever did.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Mostly I just get by with NZB.su and a crippling fear of it going away.

and a randomly generated card with a limit every time from privacy.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Thanks for the newshosting deal, my black friday deal from last year with eweka was going to run out in a couple of weeks. Drunkenslug is good too, all I have is nzb.su right now.