Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

Nam Taf posted:

It's really weirdly amusing that this attitude is throughout the US (and that most people haven't heard of it) cause in Australia this is offered by almost every ISP. It's called a Naked DSL plan here, in that you don't have a phone line bundled with it. ISPs tend to offer it at $10 more per month than the bundled offering, but obviously you then don't pay the $30/month for phone line rental to bundle. Others let you bundle it with VOIP for less than a dedicated phone line.

I'm on it, for example - it's great.

I think the problem here is more that broadband in general in the US is poo poo, and that's where the attitude comes from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
NZBMatrix doesn't list Windows or Office products, it's in the site rules.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Just a little trip report: when I went to uninstall .NET 4.0 after uninstalling nzbdrone, my administrator profile got totally hosed; the machine would log into a TEMP profile. No more sabnzbd settings, utorrent stopped launching automatically, and my sickbeard install was on my desktop, so that'll need to re imported to my new profile. Not too disastrous, but a pain in the rear end considering I really didn't get anything out of it.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
I hadn't needed it for anything except nzbdrone, and I wanted to be thorough? I should have left it, but my poor little underpowered easyStore is cluttered enough and I got overzealous.

At any rate, just don't.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

YouTuber posted:

What is the "best" application for Android? NZB 360? In the screenshots it looks like a pretty well rounded program containing Sabnzbd, Couchpotato, and Sickbeard with Headphones support coming later. Is there other applications that are free that are top contenders?

I was using SABMobile for a long time, which was functional, but NZB 360 is officially The poo poo.

Trillest Parrot fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 10, 2013

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
What format? I'd be interested to see the .nfo and check it against the standards.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

Thauros posted:

I've had no problems downloading, but have speeds been very slow today/last night for anyone else on BlockNews/Readnet? I know there might be a reason servers have been very busy during that time, is it that simple?

Also slow at blocknews last night. I picked up 500GB for $20 from Newsgroup Direct's Spring sale and it worked well.

http://www.newsgroupdirect.com/blog/2013/03/25/spring-2013-block-sale/

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
I had to reset my password too. I thought I was just using the wrong one, but they may have had an issue.

EDIT: Looks like they had an account migration recently: http://nzb.su/board/

Trillest Parrot fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 11, 2013

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

FISHMANPET posted:

Are there any good guides on how to encode mpeg2 (.ts) video into x264 mkvs?

Handbrake should do this automagically.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Anyone have suggestions for a good ios SAB front end that supports nzbs.org or let's you add your own indexers? Everything on the App Store looks terrible and Qouch doesn't support nzbs.org.

Any other suggestions for getting nzbs from indexers to my SAB client over the internet would help too.

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

Nevett posted:

I use SABmini which is great. My only complaint is that you always have to select your server from a list when you start using the app. Good if you have several servers, but it should automatically connect and skip that screen if you only have one server set up.

Perfect, thanks!

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Did nzbs.org finally bite the dust?

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die
Is there a way to get Sonarr to update all episodes in a season from HDTV to WEB or BluRay rips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillest Parrot
Jul 9, 2006

trill parrots don't die

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I believe it's done at the series level (wrench button) and tweaking profiles (in settings) to ignore HDTV or making a new profile altogether to only get WEB and Blu Ray. Once it's set, it'll look at what you have, download the higher quality releases and replace them and leave whatever it can't find alone until it finds a suitable replacement.

Sweet, made a new profile with HD resolutions that weren't HDTV, changed profiles on the series, hit search, and I'm off. Thanks!