Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Hey guys, possible dumb question, but googling isn't helping....

In Exchange 2003 there was a setting in the mailbox store properties that let you archive all messages to a public folder. In Exchange 2007 I can't find this; it seems to have been replaced by journaling in the hub transport settings, but that only lets me send copies to a user's mailbox - email-enabling the old archive public folder hasn't worked.

Is there any way of getting Exchange 2007 to send copies of all ingoing/outgoing mail to a public folder without doing something insanity-inducing like adding rules to everyone's Outlook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

sanchez posted:

Yep. Exchange online would be $50/mo, it's hard to argue with that.
Except they've already got Exchange proper as part of SBS2003, they're just not using it.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Master Stur posted:

Yes, it is set up so cache mode is enabled when the accounts are set up. I double-checked the individual users citing problems and they all have cache enabled. We will check the connections again after we have people archive and delete their poo poo if that doesn't fix it. We didn't consider that because things are supposed to auto-archive past a certain point but the one guy I checked had massive amounts of e-mail so welp.
Have you tried deleting the .ost file and letting it re-create?