Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
Right now I'm having a bitch of a time getting Outlook 2007 connecting to my new shiny 2010 CAS. Whenever I launch Outlook I get

"Cannot open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file."

I mostly see recommendations on forums to delete the local mailbox folders, which I've done, I've delete them, and then deleted the nodes from the registry that pertain to mail settings for me, I've tried on a different computer which I've never logged into before. Same problems. It's not the encryption option, I'm running Exchange 2010 SP1 (defaults to not requiring encryption) and I've tried with it disabled and enabled on the client side anyway.

Fortunately I'm the only person on the new mailbox servers and OWA still works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

Linux Nazi posted:

Is your mailbox server 2010 or 2007?

If you create an entirely new mailbox and connect to it, is it still borked?

Mailbox server is a spanking new Exchange 2010 box. I get the errors when trying to access either my box or my test account's mail box (test account created on 2010 mailbox server, has never lived on any of the 2003 stuff) but bother are accessible through OWA.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

Linux Nazi posted:

Of course make sure that test-mapiconnectivity comes back clean, and then bump up the verbosity of the eventloglevel for some of the MSExchangeIS catagories(?). It sounds like a MAPI issue, considering that OWA is able to operate the mailboxes fine, but the outlook clients are not. Don't turn up a bunch of logging all at once, start with some of the general categories and go from there.

Also, since it's a new installation, maybe give the BPA a spin. It's good for making sure you didn't miss something like turning on the tcp port sharing service or whatever.

You can also rule out the mailbox database configuration itself by taking a moment to create a new one and see if you see the same behavior.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, usually new installs are relatively problem-free.

Turned out the RPC client access service was turned off on the server clients kept auto-discovering. gently caress me that was a stupid problem that consumed way too much of my time. It was also not detected by any of the BPA health things or the system health cmdlet, it wasn't until I went to turn all the Exchange Services off on that server that I realized that one was off.

On a related note, how can I change which server is getting auto-discovered by clients? I need to figure out how we will fail over for our CAS's since we only have two exchange servers which are both multi-roled and you having a CAS array for the same servers that are part of a DAG isn't supported.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
For Exchange 2010 I know if you want automatic failover for your CAS you need to set up a CAS array, but how can you do manual failover? Our servers are multiroled with a DAG so we can't do a CAS array and I need to know how to fail over in the case one CAS dies.

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
I'm working on replicating our public folder from the 2003 servers to the 2010 servers. My boss does not want to move them all over to 2010 yet, so I can't just use the Move All Replicas... button. Is there something in existence to do this or will I need to just add a replica to every folder by hand (or script it I suppose)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010
This is making me tear my hair out. I'm working on transitioning from Ex2k3 to Ex2k10. For Exchange 2010, we have 3 public folder stores (one on each server), each of which hosts a replica of every public folder.

I have all the replica copies of the public folders added to the stores, and they have all replicated. One of the users notice that the message class did not get replicated. In a lot of our public folders we set the message class so it loads the a custom form for that department.

I decided to just push through this and script setting the message class to what it's supposed to be. I do that for one of the public folders, but the message class doesn't get changed in the other Exchange 2010 public folder stores.

Any recommendations to get message classes set to what they were in Exchange 2003?