Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomahawk513
Jul 18, 2011
Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this will end up being an Exchange issue or a server issue.

We have a virtual terminal server setup. The second server, tsfarm_2 is experiencing issues. Whenever a user remote desktops into their profile on that server, opens outlook, and attempts to create a new/reply/forward mail item it crashes outlook. Only occurs on this particular server, and only when Remote Desktoping in (VNC allows opening New Mail Item just fine). The sys-admin is stumped and I'm just a Help Desk and Networking tech, no experience w/ servers.

What we've done to resolve:
Windows Update on all servers.
Reinstall Outlook on this server.
Wiping local user profiles on that server.
Rebooting server.

None of this made any difference, the instant a person clicks New, Reply, or Forward it crashes Outlook.

Using Standard Exchange profiles, not POP3. We're not using Cached Exchange Mode.

Tomahawk513 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk513
Jul 18, 2011

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Edit: and just for clarification, there is probably (99% chance) absolutely nothing wrong with your Exchange Server. This sounds very much like a local server issue or an outlook issue only. When Exchange fucks up it fucks your entire company, not one server.

This is what I'm beginning to think. I'll give the sys-admin that troubleshooting guide though and see what happens. Thanks!