Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

Linux Nazi posted:

Newer unicode PST files can get to roughly 18-20GB, the old ASCII encoded files were those hellbeasts with a 2GB limit that people loved to break.

I remember having to schlep broken 2GB PST files over to an at-the-time top of the line dual P3 Dell Poweredge with a SCSI RAID 0+1 array in order to get the inbox repair tool to process it before the end of the day.

In my vast experience in dealing with restoring and attempting to repair too large PST files I always recommended that users keep them under 2GB or around there anyways. Mostly because everything was being saved to a network share and Outlook 2003 would typically corrupt the PST file if any sort of network latency occurred.

One PST per year is what I always said, otherwise avoid them entirely and delete delete delete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
Has anyone encountered this?

We recently moved over to Exchange 2010, now out end users using Office 2007 have an issue when sorting by the "From" column. Once they switch the folder they're viewing and back all their mail disappear from the display until the resort the "From" column by ascending/descending.

Microsoft told us to just uninstall SP1, but I'm a little annoyed with that as it's not much of a solution.