Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

The MSP I work for just sold a client an O365 migration and we are going to use SkyKick. What should I start reading up on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I have a questionably correct hybrid setup (EAC and Azure GUIs report non hybrid, Get-HybridConfiguration reports otherwise). I'm also using AAD connect.

I have a user account that exists in Azure and onprem Ad and also O365, but not in the onprem Exchange mailboxes list.

One of our internal tools isn't sending mail to that mailbox. A message trace on O365 reports that mail isn't getting to their servers. A trace onprem shows a bazillion HAREDIRECTFAIL, DEFER, and FAIL errors.

I'm assuming it's because the there is no record of that mailbox on the onprem server (even though other internal mail is delivered fine, IDK)

How can I force a resync of the Exchange mailbox list or where else would I start looking at fixing this?

EDIT: it was Enable-RemoteMailbox and then Start-ADSyncSyncCycle. Thanks to all you rubber ducks out there

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 2, 2018

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I'm an even dumber exchange baby and I need help too.

Hybrid exchange with an on prem shared mailbox that I am trying to move to the cloud. I've been getting error message after error message. I finally got to the point where
New-moverequest - identity "sharedboxonprem" - remote - remotehostname "mail.contoso.com" - targetdeliverydomain "contoso.mail.onmicrosoft.com" -remotecredentials $creds
(where $creds is CONTOSO\mydomainadminaccount)
Gives me a MapiExceptionNoAccess unable to open message store 80070005 error

So it's a problem with permissions - but my user account is a domain administrator and has full rights to the mailbox I'm moving.

Sorry for the phone formatting, I'm not yet comfortable logging in to SA on my work computer

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 9, 2018

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Mailbox identity is unique. I am a member of Organization Management. The homedb *isn't* null. Get-moverequeststatistics is empty.

I can't find where the public folder attribute is. Also we are 2 CUs behind.

This sucks :( its for a C level and I haven't figured hardly anything out yet, it's only my third week.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I appreciate all of you helping me. Get-moverequest returns nothing. It accepts the command and puts me back at the prompt again - it seems like whatever permissions problem is happening is happening even before the request can go in the queue (or something)

I am an O365 global admin.

There is a GUI option, but it only lists my on prem servers. There's supposed to be a "migrate to exchange online" option that isn't there. I'm not convinced that the hybrid configuration was completed correctly, for this and other reasons...

And I have some exchange and PS experience, but obviously not enough. My old posts belong in the small shop thread, my MSP focused on 10-20 user offices. We did SBS exchange or 20 O365 users, not anything like this operation (which admittedly is still quite small in the scheme of things)

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 9, 2018

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I'm worried about re-running the configuration wizard and toppling this house of cards 😓 going to talk to the boss about it...

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

When I ran it against Exchange Online, I got an error message that Google said indicated that I needed to run it against on prem. I double checked AD and inheritance looks correct and the Exchange trusted subsystem has permissions.

I also tried moving mailboxes locally, and it didn't work, but isn't necessarily indicative of the problem - the only local mailbox server I could move it to is Exchange 2010 SP 3 (from 2016) and the error I got was "the mailbox database is not the same version as the cmdlet"

I did spend a couple hours planning out everything involved in upgrading to 2016 CU 8 and 2010 SP3 RU 19.

Here's how I got around it in the end:
- Make on prem mailbox and AD account in on prem EAC
- assign O365 license
- disable on prem mailbox
- enable-remotemailbox
- change cloud mailbox to shared
- edit AD object attributes to make it a shared mailbox as well

Now I'm just waiting on send as delegation to propagate. Thanks for the help everyone.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

We have O365 hybrid with two on prem mail servers - Exchange 2010 as a hub transport and Exchange 2016 just as a mailbox server (with no mailboxes). I need to decommission the older server. I'll have to add the hub transport role to the new server, are there any gotchas that I need to watch out for? I've never done any serious heavy lifting in Exchange and it would suck if I inadvertently break all the email that comes from our on prem apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Imap.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-up-gmail-accounts-46274497-95ea-4a7d-9651-d246aa63eb5e

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 22, 2023