Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

AstroMatt posted:

I'm looking for some assistance on the following scenario: The end goal is to have two domain names set up with different email addresses in Exchange and have the email go to different mailboxes in Outlook. For example, if someone emails joe_user@domainname1.com, it goes into their existing primary email account. If someone emails joe_user@domainname2.com, it goes into a new email account.

So far, I've managed to get the domainname2 added into Exchange, had the proper MX records updated for domainname2 so that it matches the MX record of the domainname1 and verified that I can add an email address from domainname2 to an existing Exchange user and have the email go to their domainname1 inbox in Outlook.

However I'm not sure what I need to do in order to separate the accounts into two distinct mailboxes. If any Exchange wizards can lend some guidance it would be appreciated. I've Googled this and found some stuff that doesn't seem relevant.

You create a second mailbox. That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe
I've got an issue with Exchange 2010 that when I run the

code:
Test-OutlookWebServices -identity:user1@externaldomain.com | fl
command, I get exactly 1 single error for every user I test it on.

code:
RunspaceId : 0f56cb0d-463d-451e-a11c-558ffc726193
Id         : 1104
Type       : Error
Message    : The certificate for the URL https://internalserver.internaldomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml is incorrect. 
For SSL to work, the certificate needs to have a subject of internalserver.internaldomain.com, but the subject that was found 
is mail.externaldomain.com. Consider correcting service discovery, or installing a correct SSL certificate.
So it seems to be looking for the internal Autodiscover URL instead of the external URL, and then failing which would make sense if the AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri was set to the actual Internal URL, but it isn't. If I run

code:
get-clientaccessserver | fl
The correct Autodiscover with the externalserver hostname is listed.

code:
AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri       : https://mail.externaldomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
One other thing to note is that earlier in the same "Test-OutlookWebServices" command, it seems to be finding the correct URL:

code:
RunspaceId : 5fb2f6ca-e905-4446-a73a-d1155423e704
Id         : 1019
Type       : Information
Message    : A valid Autodiscover service connection point was found. The Autodiscover URL on this object is https://mail.externaldomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml.
code:
RunspaceId : 5fb2f6ca-e905-4446-a73a-d1155423e704
Id         : 1006
Type       : Information
Message    : Contacted the Autodiscover service at https://mail.externaldomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml.
code:
RunspaceId : ffee0fb0-f3b4-4507-8c64-473438a19391
Id         : 1022
Type       : Success
Message    : Autodiscover was tested successfully.
So it's not like Exchange doesn't know it exists, it's just that for what seems like one specific task, it's looking in the wrong place.

Is there something I'm missing? Why wouldn't it be using the URL in the AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri? I've rebooted the server and it didn't make a difference.

nexxai fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 18, 2016

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I don't know that I can, because I'm very not an exchange guy, but basically we can set up the account in Outlook and access the inbox fine, but not access public folders. When I look at the message stores in mfcmapi the main mailbox shoes the correct server in the legacyDN and a couple other places, but the public folders show the old server name in the same places. No idea how to fix it, but technically I don't have to, I just have to tell the customer what's wrong and to contact her MSP.

I can't offer any advice here, but I'm genuinely curious what kind of position or relationship you have with your customer to be digging this deep into an Exchange problem when you're neither an Exchange person, nor the customer's MSP.

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to migrate PST files out of Microsoft Cloud? I'm half expecting there to be a powershell commandlet like Migrate-PSTFilesFromCloud.

I could have sworn I've heard people talking about it before, I can't remember if there was an easy way or if people just said "some 3rd party tool will do it for $5 per mailbox."

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607299(v=exchg.160).aspx