Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Mierdaan posted:

Make sure your coworkers (in a foreign office) don't install WSUS on your Exchange server, sync every product Microsoft has ever made, and store the updates on your Exchange log drive! :psyduck:

I...what? How? Who would...? :stare:

Reading things like makes me glad I'm a one man shop so I can only blame myself for the stupid decisions that are made. I also at least understand them and can fix them more often than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Well not that TMG is being discontinues what are people planning on using to publish OWA/Activesync?

Also, Exchange 2010 SP2 Update Rollup V6 is failing to install just like 5v2 did :shepface:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Mierdaan posted:

Haha, so glad it's still sitting unread in my RSS feed. I'll just wait for SP2 RU6v2 :smug:

edit: do you have WMF 3.0 installed?

No, I never installed it thankfully. I guess I'll wait for another revision or hopefully just SP3 instead.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Hawkline posted:

I do not believe this is a necessary or normal practice. Only "interim" updates should be removed, and those are specifically noted in their names.

Source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff637981.aspx

"Before you install an update rollup package, you must remove any interim updates from the computer. Interim updates appear in the Programs and Features dialog box in Control Panel. These updates appear as "Interim Update for Exchange Server 2010 KBNNNNNN.""

I couldn't install Exchange 2010 SP2 Update Rollup 5v2 until I uninstalled the previous rollups. I forgot that I had to do that when I tried Update Rollup 6. It's really annoying.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

So uh...you probably don't want to install Exchange 2010 SP3 CU8:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2858314/microsoft-windows/microsoft-pulls-exchange-server-2010-sp3-update-rollup-8-kb-2986475.html

quote:

An issue has been identified in the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 Update Rollup 8. The update has been recalled and is no longer available on the download center pending a new RU8 release. Customers should not proceed with deployments of this update until the new RU8 version is made available. Customers who have already started deployment of RU8 should rollback this update.

The issue impacts the ability of Outlook to connect to Exchange, thus we are taking the action to recall the RU8 to resolve this problem. We will deliver a revised RU8 package as soon as the issue can be isolated, corrected, and validated. We will publish further updates to this blog post regarding RU8.

This issue only impacts the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU8 update, the other updates remain valid and customers can continue with deployment of these packages.

:thumbsup:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

LmaoTheKid posted:

MS has been on fire lately, jfc.

This is what happens when you lay off most of your QA team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

incoherent posted:

I'm pretty sure the skeleton crew of QA for RUs would have a checkbox that says "outlook stops connecting".

You're assuming there's still a skeleton crew.