Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

hatelull posted:

Anyone had to deal with a massive bulk export of exchange 2010 mailbox (archive mailbox really) to PST? I found out the hard way that queuing up 10 archive mailboxes using Input-CSV and running some foreach against that queues all ten then processes all ten simultaneously. This was awesome when my test ran against a .CSV with four measly mailboxes each less than 10MB . It did not do so well when I tried it with a beefier .CSV of ten mailboxes totally around 176 GB. Needs to say my CAS did not appreciate the strain and promptly hosed off for several hours.

We have a licensed tool for this exact purpose that takes the load off the CAS entirely, but my boss doesn't want to put more money into it (it's licensed by the amount of data the software pushes over a wire) and thinks I could probably just fancy up my script with some sleep commands.

We use kernel for exchange to read edbs and export psts but it is also licensed... works great but may not help if it needs to be free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

Dans Macabre posted:

I'm sad I have to post in this thread again. It's been years.

Someone changed a transport rule in our Exchange Online environment. I want to find out who changed it and when. Is this possible?

I am like 65% sure you can bring up EoL audit logs to see. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/security-and-compliance/exchange-auditing-reports/view-administrator-audit-log