Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaPablo
Nov 20, 2003

Ewww it's all sticky...
Grimey Drawer

Scaramouche posted:

The core functionality is there, I think the big problems are with public folders and global address lists. I was thinking about the upgrade but then googled 'outlook 2003 with exchange 2010' and saw all these horror stories and held off; the furor might be overblown it's true.
I'm in the processing of rolling out Exchange 2010 in an existing 2003 environment. Update Rollup 3 for 2010 adds a registry option to re-enable UDP push notification for Outlook 2003 clients, which fixes a generic 'Unknown Error' message some users were getting when deleting messages.

I also had a misconfigured SMTP connector set up between 2003 and 2010 that was causing email to get stuck in a routing loop, but that was more my fault than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaPablo
Nov 20, 2003

Ewww it's all sticky...
Grimey Drawer
Trying to set up OWA to redirect correctly, and I've got half of it together.

If a user is on Exchange 2003 and tries to login to 2010 OWA, they are properly redirected to the external URL of 2003's OWA. However, if a user is on 2010 and tries to login to 2003 OWA, they are redirected to the internal (exch2010.internal.local) domain name of the 2010 server. How can I tell 2003 to redirect to the proper external URL?

NinjaPablo
Nov 20, 2003

Ewww it's all sticky...
Grimey Drawer
For some reason, the free/busy folder on my 2003 server isn't replicating to my 2010 server. I've created a public folder DB on 2010, and other folders seem to replicate to it fine. I've added the 2010 server as a replication partner for the Schedule+ Free Busy Information folder on the 2003 server, it just never replicates.

On 2010, I keep getting this error in the event log - "Couldn't find an Exchange 2010 or later public folder server with a replica for the free/busy folder: EX:/O=example/OU=example.". The event log on the 2003 server doesn't have any errors.