Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
This might be a dumb question.
In exchange I have a distribution list that will only show in all groups and not in the global addresses. How can I get it to show in global addresses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
It is a Mail Enabled Distribution List, and it is not hidden. It will show under All Groups in the address book, but not under the global address list.

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
Yes, it does have all the same values as the one in your picture. Sorry for the delay, it was lunch.
Edit:

Got it, used Get-OfflineAddressBook | Update-OfflineAddressBook to update the address book. Thanks for the help though!

Drumstick fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 23, 2011

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
In exchange how can I set it so that a users mail from their old user name is sent to the new inbox? I would prefer to do this from exchange rather then relying on users to set up forwarding.

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
Exchange 2007. Honestly, im not sure. Helpdesk just wanted to know if it was possible. I believe the old mailbox does still exist. Our help desk usually takes care of creating and disabling mailboxes.

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
My exchange logs are filling up my hard drive. My backups have not been running. Im running one now, will this clear up the logs in exchange log storage?

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
It does! Thankfully. I wasnt expecting the backups to be done so soon and wanted to make sure I had everything covered just in case. drat, I dont know nearly enough about exchange.

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
I have a user that is missing the junk email folder in Outlook, but it is there in OWA. How can I fix this?

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
Question,

My manager is having an issue with his email account. When some people try and email him it is bouncing back saying his account doesnt exist. He did delete his email account from exchange and recreate it after he tested microsoft hosting which messed up a lot of stuff. If my boss emails someone they are able to reply.

Some users are able to email him after a reboot but not all. I disabled cache mode on outlook and that hasnt helped so far. Any ideas?

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
Thank you so much, that took care of it.

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
Is there a way to have new users created in AD automatically create an exchange mailbox? I thought it would or did do it automatically at some defined interval. My help desk is making mistakes on user accounts. They are creating them in Exchange, then moving and assigning them in AD. I would prefer that they did not, and have told them so but unfortunately I have no authority over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti

MonkeyHate posted:

I have a script running every five minutes which auto creates mailboxes for user accounts that are A) Enabled B) Without a mailbox on Exchange already and C) flagged with an AD attribute that gets set by a different script depending on whether helpdesk checks the regular Employee/Contractor box or the Vendor/Service Account box on the new user provisioning web form.

I could PM it to you if think it would be helpful. We have a pretty weird environment though so I imagine it would take quite a bit of tweaking.

Oh, I didnt even consider a script to do it. Ill look into it and see how difficult it would be to set up something like that.