Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Lars Blitzer posted:

Here's a fairly accurate episode adaptation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46hmjMmCFVs

(Contrary to what you might think watching it, Kirby wasn't voiced by Stan Lee, as I thought at first. He was voiced by Mike Pollock.)

I'm pretty sure this was also adapted in the old cartoon and also a coloring book or comic book issue based on the cartoon (I forget) in the 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Goons, this will blow your loving minds:
All the dogs, cats, birds, and horses from your favorite childhood movies? All dead.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Have Tony and Bruce always been science bros or are they trying to capitalize from their scenes in Avengers?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm just trying to picture how making a book with like, actual, photo-realistic pictures ancient makes it so you think zebras have fly wings.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
An artists gets a memo from up top. He nervously unfolds it. BENDIS.
gently caress yes, he thinks, as he kicks back, puts his feet on his drawing board, and turns on his cheapy radio to If You Like Piña Coladas.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I bet Morrison dislikes the movie The Butterfly Effect because it didn't go far enough

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yeah, it's really hard to have touching and inspiring xmen moments because of what the gently caress kind of situations they get in

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I think the x-men transcend convoluted overblown bullshit plots at this point

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Achernar posted:

I like how he's got Jay's helmet.

AND NOTHING ELSE

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Osborn revealed to Jameson that a side-effect of the OZ formula was that it granted immortality
This is the stupidest goddamn thing I've read this month

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm sure there's something to be said about Reed Richards in regular continuity going through the fantastication process as a middle age man becoming an incredibly smart and also good if somewhat arrogant guy versus Reed Richards as a teenager becoming an incredibly good and also horrible if incredibly arrogant guy in ultimate continuity but I can't quite put it into words

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Mad Hatter willing to give Batman his perfect world just so he would leave him alone makes for a better motivation than Mad Hatter thought was saaaad

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Did the whole I am Groot thing precede the GotG movie? Or did it come from that?

Also I forget exactly what iconic page that baby groot page is parodying. I want to say something with Wolverine?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I see Tom Servo everywhere for I love him and have accepted him into my heart

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Could someone post some? Because all I ever see is what if modern thing was actually in the past?

But it doesn't do anything funny or interesting with it.

That's the Flintstones to a tee.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is that the dude with the massive, shapely manass?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I loving hated Hannah Barbera cartoons. They were the last recourse when you were a child and there was absolutely nothing else on tv, and even then you might as well just watch like the weather or something

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So is Bruce knocking up Barbara and then Barbara getting shot in the baby still in continuity in Batman Beyond?
Or was it just politely swept under a rug

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Look what you did to this thread, Calaveron.

Whoa there buddy blame DC for that poo poo I'm just retelling facts

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Today's Superman #39
Soups takes a bunch of sick kids up to the JL watchtower for a visit. They're currently doing a scavenger hunt.

So did the issue end with Batman using whatever space magic device they surely have to cure their cancer

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

Nah the panel where Reed is tucking in Franklin (or was it Valeria?) is still pretty timeless. Requesting it be posted, thanks in advance.

No because in what universe is calling himself Mr. Fantastic and the guy who got the poo poo end of the stick The Thing a way to try to make them showman esque super heroes

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Android Blues posted:

Bruce was worried about about being a danger to others, and gave Hawkeye a special arrow that he thought would be able to kill him, and the Hulk, for good, along with instructions to shoot him with it if it looked like the Hulk was beginning to emerge.

In the pretty terrible Civil War 2 event, an inhuman who had reliable visions of the future prophesied the Hulk going on a rampage and killing a bunch of heroes, causing a bunch of heroes to go and confront Banner at his house. Hawkeye thinks he sees a glint of green in Bruce's eyes, and shoots him stone dead with the special arrow.

He wasn't permanently dead, though, and only stayed dead so long because he was convinced the arrow had killed him and Banner didn't want to be alive anyway, so was suppressing the Hulk from resurrecting himself. But this is sold as, "oh, it really SHOULD have killed him, except it turns out the Hulk is actually 100% no backsies immortal and just resurrects himself after dying".

God self fulfilling prophecies are stupid cornerstones for stories

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

They don’t make comics like they used to

Also if memory serves the Dial M for Monkey Dexter's Lab spin-off had a parody of this that pretty much went exactly the same as this

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Dial M for Monkey had a great Galactus homage too

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What does Ivy eat? You’d think she would be a vegetarian but that’s harming the plants no?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean, she was accessory to an entire city getting wiped off the map. There's a lot of looking forlorn while whispering I didn't mean to or I didn't think he'd go through with it before that kinda stuff gets forgiven

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also their son going megahitler

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Skwirl posted:

That one's on Superman.

But when you think about it, people are the product of their parents so

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wouldn't shed a tear for Mr and Mrs Hitlers, Sr

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Senior Woodchuck posted:

He was, like, an Apocalypse zombie in Uncanny Avengers, and now in the new Astonishing he seems to be fully back.

That was a good bit in X-Factor, though, where Siryn keeps holding onto it until the birth of her and Madrox's son, where she finally admits it to herself and names the baby in her dad's honor.

And then the baby turns out to be a dupe that Madrox accidentally created inside her while they were loving, and it gets absorbed back into Madrox the first time he holds it.

That’s a bit worse than having the devil take your baby and marriage away I guess

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Imagine writing a comic book for kids where you feel you need to "justify" your main character isn't a child molester because in your infinite wisdom you decided you wanted to pair him up with a child

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Superman #39: All you need for context is that Superman has temporarily lost his powers but the Daily Planet just got word of a hostage situation so Superman takes off anyway. (Also Jimmy Olsen knows Clark's secret identity but you don't really need to know that)

(I thought about putting this in the badass thread for Superman successfully talking down a shooter via a giant bluff but decided it worked better here.)

What are the odds he ran into the one gunman on Earth who didn’t empty the clip on him and then impotently throw the gun at him

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm glad no shark will ever eat my dick

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Never ask Logan about the stuffed pelican. He will just grow quiet and go brood with a twelve pack while looking at a picture in his wallet

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Rob Liefeld and the Yearly Foot Fetish issue
Man the 90s were wild

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Perry Normal posted:

I don't have any panels, but go read Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6. Goddamn. :cry:

No. Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Plus Ultra, father son Kamehameha, etc