Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Glitterbomber posted:

The whole Pete/Aunt May thing has been written in ways that range from lame to just plain near incestuous, but yea in the death/fallout arc it got really well written.

Death of Spider-Man could have been terrible really easy, but it came out as the perfect end to Peter's story. It's Marvel so I'm sure next year he'll come back in some bullshit 'oh I was only FAKING it for some stupid reason' or the like, but for now the arc has been excellent.

It is Bendis and he is having a blast with Miles and since Ultimate is his baby you will pry it from his cold dead hands. Peter is not coming back, and it has been close to 2 years at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wade Wilson posted:

It'll be a clone coming over from 616. Wait and see.

Named Reily Ben

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

I don't doubt it would be, despite the fact that there's still an unaccounted for Peter clone in Ult. Continuity

I still get a laugh out of how skeved Peter was when Johnny talked about how he has a crush on Spider-women. Miles is awesoem but I still think they could have gotten more stories out of Super halfway house. Also it is sad to see how depressed Johnny is now due to Peter's death.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mister Roboto posted:

Everyone said this at the start, but that was almost 2 years ago. I think Miles is doing fine as new Spidey. Bendis has done a good job of keeping him interesting.

The only way Peter comes back is if the Ultimate line is about to collapse and they play that card as a final attempt to get people interested again. Otherwise, Bendis doesn't seem that stupid to wreck the tenuous approval he's gotten so far for his own personal Spiderman project.

I do not see Bendis bringing Peter back. He told his story adn his story is done. However, I could see Loeb.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

pentyne posted:

The only non-terrible reason I could think of is if they use the abandoned "spider shaman" thing from the JMS story lines that was written out as soon as someone new took over. Bringing back Parker as the totemic manifestation of the Spider would let them explore new ground with the Ultimate stories rather then rehashing old Marvel stories. Plus I can't think of any good Ultimate comics that ever did magic well.

Ultimate Spider-man has not be rehashing stories for a while. Also Miles is awesome and he needs to stay.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Every single one of them has been "dead" at some point, whether deliberately faking their own death or being thought dead by others. Every. Single. One.

Pretty sure that's why there was no bitching.

Also all are heavily tied to SHIELD so there is a 90% chance there is a LMD of them that could have died.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

And kind of stupid and definitely never going to be referenced again unless Hickman forces the issue in another of his books.

Well they sort of did due to Max in Secret Avengers and then I am pretty sure that is tech seen in SHIELD

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Universal Machine 5

Thanks choobs

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lobster Johnson at peace

BPRD: King of Fear 2

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

You're gonna have to significantly lower that timeframe, because the last decade still has things like Grounded, Identity Crisis, and Countdown. Injustice wishes it could touch that level of terrible.

Secret Avengers Fear Itself and Fear Itself
Lets not forget Superman's stupid walk across America.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 27, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Adam Strange posted:

Boy do I have a comic for you!

Can this issue have a long pointless walk in it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Superman 652 aka why I am still pissed they got rid of the marriage

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 2, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

7744 posted:

It seems more like Metropolis is New York City in the present and Gotham is New York City in the 1980s.

I always liked how in the animated series Batman is in the 40s while Superman in the present.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Okay, I apologize in advance for this post, because I might sound like an ignorant tosser. I don't know, I wasn't there, but I would like someone to explain it to me.

It seems like this entire moment kind of sabotages itself by featuring a concept that is so momumentally stupid as "electric blue Superman". It's so loving dumb. Just look at him! He's apparently Superman, but he's blue and electric and has an awful 90s costume. It ruins the entire impact of that moment! Honestly, in my experience, DC does this a lot, but I was never a fan of alternate versions of superheroes to begin with. Am I totally crazy here?

That was not an alternate version of Superman. It was a dumb gimmick during the 90s.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Len posted:

I got nothin' for that first one but the horrible things go unnoticed by adults. Early on the youngest finds a key that opens your head up and she sees him do it. Her reaction is just "don't do that it's a creepy trick"

It could be the spouses. If its by Stephen Kings son he might be basing it off his own home life.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mister Roboto posted:

Well, if you know (from experience) that there's always a WORSE Hell, then you'd probably not believe in the singular "worst place ever" Hell.

Like, people can be tortured for all eternity by your average supervillain, so Satan isn't really much of a threat or boogeyman to scare kids into following the rules.

That being said, Reed being an atheist is just a stereotype of "a man of science" since, yeah, God exists in the Marvel U and can be telephoned by several people.

They visited the most powerful God in the Marvel Universe at one point
Fantastic Four 511

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Avulsion posted:

Secret Invasion Aftermath: Beta Ray Bill - The Green of Eden: SVU: Bill runs into some Skrulls that are having a crisis of faith and want to worship him as a God. Gillen needs to write more cosmic stuff.

He is doing Iron Man in space right now. It just needs a better artist.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wade Wilson posted:

Hell in the DC universe is also where people want to go because they believe they deserve to be punished, if the bits of it we see in Sandman are any indicator.

Which would say all kinds of things about the panel you posted.

They can also be sent there if they refuse to love an endless. That was such a dick move.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

It is sort of genius that he is not real since it proves Lucifers point - he was forgotten.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mark Waid’s favorite Superman page and happy 75th Birthday
Superman 500

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

Having never read the Lucifer series (I know I should) was the whole thing with the angels running hell ever addressed? Was there ever any confrontation? Did hell get better?

Yes and read Lucifer

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hollis posted:

Mark Waid's Fantastic Four is pretty amazing. Just saying. Also Hickmans Fantastic Four I personally don't think will ever loving be topped, ever. The entire story is " Love overcomes all" which is amazing.

Lee/Kirby :colbert:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hollis posted:

That's just a given dude.

I know but it needs to be remembered that run is the backbone of the Marvel Universe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

gfanikf posted:

I feel exactly the same way. I sent it around to family and friends with a in time for the 4th subject header and got replies back saying that they all agreed wholeheartedly. I'll take this over dark and gritty any day of the week. Superman represents the hope and endless possibility of America in particular and humankind in general and its good to see that.

Check out the page that I linked and you'll find tons more and some background on the man, Jack Schiff, who headed the effort. Apparently when he retired his coworkers at DC gave him a bound book of all the PSAs. He claimed it was the thing he was proudest of.

DC should release that as a trade. I know I would buy a copy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Exit Strategy posted:

"Superman's Guide To Don't Be A Dick"

This is what happens if you are a dick in front of Superman

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

It's a Bird is an amazing graphic novel

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Welp, time to find the Beasts of Burden hardcover, that's amazing.

They had me at Hellboy team up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

The Hellboy team up isn't actually in the hardcover. It's a one shot issue that isn't collected anywhere, I'm pretty sure.

I know. I ordered the Hardcover, the hellboy issue, and collection of Dark Horse Presents.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Li'l Gotham #6

I hope the next page is them opening a door and there is some space gold.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

Gaaaah, I can't look at any of these! I'm still working my way through the Sandman collection!
Speaking of which, I need to pick up volume 5, suppose I will go do that! Cheers!

Absolute volume 5 or just the fifth trade? If its absolute volume 5 it is not that important but if its the fifth trade get on that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Iron Man 172

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Superman/Madman Hullabaloo!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dickeye posted:

The funeral issue of Fallout absolutely rocked me in every way. The little girl offering May a hug made the room get real dusty for a couple minutes.

Here you go
Death of Spider-man Fallout 1

Death of Spider-man Fallout 6

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

You think every bald white in comics looks the same or something?

Racist.

Its Kong or Bendis.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kellsterik posted:

I tried to walk someone through the "name one time where batman being Just A Guy has stopped him, and how many times has superman been stopped by kryptonite or other stuff" argument and all I got was "well it doesn't matter batman is still the best".

Its still funny that one of the best Superman moments comes from a book of a guy coming to deal with the Superman concept and how he is not stupid and from Vertigo. It's a bird is amazing

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Leper Residue posted:

Every single one of my favorite Deadpool stories aren't where he's being a wacky anti-hero, but where he examines his own, and others humanity.

I think Cable and Deadpool did this rather well, but everyone took the wrong things from it, and went wacky Deadpool, instead of existentialist insane deadpool.

Though to be honest, I avoid a lot of his stuff because I'll grab an issue and be turned off. What Deadpool vol is that?

The latest one. If you also want to see a great Deadpool read Uncanny X-force volume 1.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madkal posted:

Why would you assume Superman would be talking down to anyone? Do you think Superman is the kind of person who becomes a condescending arsehole when he notices someones dialect.

He read Grounded

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Madrox posted:

Wolverine and the X-Men #39

Wolverine and Cyclops, who have been at odds for a while now, are both caught in the same Sentinel Ambush™.

A bit cornball at the end maybe, but I liked it.

All that reminds me of is the ending of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

March will have a new Beasts of Burden one shot released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

What trade is that in?