Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

purple death ray posted:

It's been good since at least Rebirth

It's been pretty strong since 52 with Batman, Batman incorporated, and Batman and robin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Sandman Special one-shot as part of DC's Jack Kirby 100th birthday stuff.
These are the last two pages of the story, so avoid if you're planning on reading the comic.

Sandman (when that title belonged to a superhero) is trying to wake up this kid who's nightmare monsters are becoming real, and he's being aided by a mysterious hero.

Shocked no one hasn't photoshopped the name being crossed out and replaced with Stanley Martin Lieber

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Oh god, I was so loving mad at Hickman for part of that book. "Where the gently caress is Peter? Johnny was the closest thing he had to a brother, he'd BE THERE."

Then I got to the backup story.

I may or may not have cried, you don't know!

It was a very dusty comic!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

I like to view it more as Doom hasn't really tried to kill any of the FF for years. Humiliate, imprison, detain, mind-wipe, absolutely. It's almost a game at this point. Doom tries to take over all of reality again, and he's set up "death traps", and they will escape and beat him up and he'll make a narrow dodge and fight another day. Repeat. But he is basically family at this point.

There was that time he killed Ben and sent Franklin to hell for a bit.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LashLightning posted:

To the cursed Reed Richards, and assorted family and associates,

Doom sends you his regards and condolences on your recent lost. Doom, too, morns the loss of Johnathan Storm.

Surely, there is no greater tragedy than of the Human Torch sacrificing himself to save the universe from Annihilus and his Negative Zone underlings. The only suitable death for him would be sacrificing himself to save the universe from Doctor Victor Von Doom!

Yours Sincerely,
Dr. Victor Von Doom

P.s. A care package for the children will follow soon.

P.P.S. Johnny's memory will always be shining down on Doom

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lone wolf and cub 31

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Ninjak definitely had a folding sword back in the original Valiant days but I can't find a pic. I must have seen it in Deathmate since I don't recall ever reading many Valiant comics.

You should ready some of the new stuff as it has been great for years

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Cuchulain posted:

So Hexxus?

Does anyone have any good Captain America panels on hand featuring Arnie Roth? I was telling a friend about him earlier and couldn't think of any issue numbers to look up examples for him.

Captain America 296

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

McCloud posted:

I'm sorry, I know that page is hearbreaking and very touching, but it's completely undercut by those stupid panels of Bucky smiling like an idiot

This is one of those "sounds good until you spend more than 2 seconds to think about it" things.

It’s presented as him seeing another friend dying

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Archyduke posted:

Arnie's boyfriend was captured by some goons working for Baron Zemo. Captain America beats them up and even though Michael dies in a later storyline he gets out of that particular scrape ok. So maybe you were thinking of a different storyline where the superhero interacts with the AIDs crisis-- PAD's Hulk has a plot like this, and Northstar comes out as part of a plot about an HIV positive baby-- or maybe you were making a cheap joke about all gay characters having AIDs which would be super lovely and tacky!

He did die of cancer

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Infinitum posted:

See you in 6 months when you get resurrected during the next event!

Don’t think that’s the case

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

It used to be a fairly significant part of Ben Grimm's backstory that he was a military man, but that's obviously no longer the case.

I am pretty sure he was still a test pilot

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Are you talking about the broccoli people? Because those would have to be different broccoli people, like I said Jean Grey killed an entire planet of broccoli people. Maybe some of them got here before the genocide?

The broccoli people are the ones that appeared in avengers 4 and is Medusa

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Cabbit posted:

This kind of encapsulates why I don't really like Cap. For as much of a compassionate dude as he is, even at his supposed best, the dude really is just "I have the power to do what I want and gently caress the consequences or bigger picture" kind of power fantasy. This is some rugged individualism kind of bullshit that only gets a pass because it's Captain America and we know the story will turn out that he was in the right, because he's Captain America.

Like, obviously superhero comics are not exactly the place to go if you're not fond of great man theory, but god drat if it's not the entirety of Steve Rogers whole rear end.

He is also really really pissed due to the people who he considered his friends wiped his mind.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Pizza dog and Jonathan

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Wolverine?

Wolverine never banged a teen, while deathstroke did

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Thaddius the Large posted:

Honestly the better story is that of Bruce sitting alone and pouting that nobody ever gives him sufficient reason to bust out his Liberace cloak

Only when he fights fingers and Harry

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That was Flash #53 btw.

My first ever issue of the series and introduction to Wally West.

It’s also the issue pied piper comes out

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Phil Hester is amazing and I would almost call him the definitive Green Arrow artist.

Over Neal Adam’s?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Push El Burrito posted:

I don't want to get rid of rats I want to steal baubles!

Also a nasty heroin habit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Uh, tell me you don't read Captain Marvel without telling me you don't read Captain Marvel.

I can think of at least 2 cases in the last 3 years or so where it's been addressed. Thompson's run even had her lady friends (and Tony) hold basically an intervention

I can not think of exact moments but there is no way that Kelly Sue did not bring it up during her run, since she is in recovery