Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Love the thread idea. Sometimes a panel in a comic gets to you, and that Superman one you posted is one of two of my favourite pages from Allstar Superman, and one of my favourite Superman panels ever.

I'm not American, but I love this extract from Civil War, since it showcases the ideals I'd like to hope the citizen of our global hegemon really aspire to, and really the ideas that anyone who has any kind of vote on anything should believe. The first two pages are mostly Mark Twain's words, but the third are pure Cap at his best. Panel 3 could quite easily go in the badass thread. Just look at that pose and general imposing panel composition; "No. You move" indeed.

(Amazing Spider-Man 537)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

I found myself pretty affected by the pages of Ultimate Nightmare where the mass suicides happen around the globe. There's a few more pages if I remember correctly, but this is all I could find:

(Ultimate Nightmare no. 1)

That part really got to me in the same way that the suicides in Day of the Triffids did. Sure, superheroes deal with that sort of horror daily, but for the average person, the idea of some kind of unstoppable interplanetary genocide being beamed right into their brain as a promise of things to come is probably grounds to end it quickly. That last page... brrr, chilling.

I think the reactions of normal people to the insane comic book universes in which they live is a really great theme. It's why I really liked Civil War: Frontline up until Sally's retarded Nascar speech.

ChuckDHead fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 7, 2011

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

Fantastic Four v3 #60, Reed explains why he insists on Fantastic Four being public celebrities.

Thanks for reminding me how much it sucks that there'll never be any more of Mike Wieringo's art.