Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

good day for a bris posted:

HEY! She got time travel aged up.

One Hal Jordan special comin’ right up

e:f;b, and with panels no less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Jedit posted:

I don't recall it working the last time he tried it.
Too soon, man. Too soon.
Ok, I laughed.

Regular old-school Superman would have been in danger, though. That mugger might have thrown his gun at Superman, and without super-speed to duck, it might have crippled or killed him.

After all, in those George Reeves episodes, a thug would empty his revolver at Superman, who didn’t flinch, but when the thug ran dry, he threw the gun at Superman, who would duck in fear like a little bitch.

Maybe he thinks all guns are deadly since Luthor tried killing him with a Kryptonite gun or something?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ariong posted:

This is all excellent, but it’s kind of silly how Bruce Banner is ripped.

Amazon Prime delivers all those boxes full of purple pants to his porch, but he still has to carry them inside.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Archyduchess posted:

I'm curious what about this screams "slutty" to you?

Do you not see the possible implication of cleavage being able to be shown? Disgusting how all the slatterns in my office dress like this...burlesque dancer!...whilst we men gird ourselves in proper suits and ties.

A scandal, a scandal I tell you! This is the very circle of hell down to which the 19th Amendment dragged us!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

No more bl.....ack people?

No more bl.....ind lawyers?

No more bl...utants

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I was disappointed by the shallowness of the Ms. Marvel miniseries. You know what might help take some of the bad taste out of my mouth? The panels where Kamala's mother finally "confronts" her about what's she's been doing all this time and lets her know what she thinks about it. It's just a couple of panels IIRC but really touching. Anyone have them?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Push El Burrito posted:

Most comic movies or tv shows will be shallower than their source material because they're trying to condense dozens or hundreds of issues into a small chunk.

The Boys is the exception where it's way more fleshed out than its source.

Thank you, kind goon! Longer than I remember it but just as good.

Of course things will be shallower in that sense, but I mean the show was shallower as consumed media, in that it missed the opportunity to really meaningfully comment on any of the social issues it raised -- or that were raised in the original. But I've deleted the next two paragraphs I wrote about the show because this isn't the thread for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

TwoPair posted:

The Doom issue where he fails at one-upping Richards and loving Marty McFlys himself because he can't live with the knowledge he failed is both hilarious and so very Doom.

Pretend I posted* the Twisted Toyfare Theater panels where all the Marvel characters go through a time warp back to college, Doom meets his nerdy younger self, strangles him for insolence, and then pops out of existence due to paradox.

(* Because I can't find it through Google image search)