Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
From Deadpool # Minus 1. Zoe Culloden's charge for the "program", Wade Wilson, has approached a point where something will happen in his life to screw him up and have Landau, Luckman and Lake drop him. Zoe, being an ambitious career-woman, refuses to let that happen and screw up her chances at a promotion. She sets off to try and fix things for Wade and meets his girlfriend, a prostitute named Vanessa. Zoe's basically a cold person who cares only for her career but being around Vanessa and her wide-eyed optimism regarding her's and Wade's future begins to soften her. An assassin arrives to kill Vanessa to get back at Wade for screwing up a job and it looks like Vanessa's hosed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

From X-23 #12.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

redbackground answered the vampire question so I'll answer the other one.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

And who is that artist? I usually hate manga-style art, but it worked really well for that sequence, and looked nice.

Artist is Sana Takeda who came in a few years ago on the X-Men Fairy Tales series and has done some other stuff for Marvel (she was the main artist on Ms. Marvel near the end of that book's run). Kind of a shame she has THAT Heroes For Hire cover to her name because otherwise I really like her art. I think Phil Noto's the artist on the next arc for X-23 and then Takeda's back the arc after that.

Also I've re-read those pages like a half-dozen times after posting them and I guess it helps that she's a huge fangirl of the character but Liu totally "gets" Jubilee and what makes her great when written right. That she can be bratty and a pain in the rear end but at her core she's full of endless optimism and deeply cares about everyone around her.