Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Welp, time to find the Beasts of Burden hardcover, that's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Doc Brass gives Elijah Snow some much needed advice and perspective.

(from Planetary #5)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Starship Troopers wasn't originally meant to be a Starship Troopers movie, they just gave it the name(and changed a couple minor details around) when they were able to get the licence for cheap

That might be true, but Verhoven used it to satirize glorification of fascist ideals in both the book and contemporary action films.
I love Starship Troopers.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's because the wiki was spearheaded by mediocre webcomic guy David Willis, who has a lot of flaws but is pretty good at the whole self awareness/self depreciation thing.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Duke Igthorn posted:

I constantly feel this way whenever someone posts that Mike Megg and Owl comic thing about the witch and the cat and the owl and everyone howls with e-laughter.

Megg Mogg and Owl isn't funny, but it is good

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

They're just so smooth and tasty

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

In celebration of DIE's final trade paperback release, here's one of my favourite sequences from the series.

Issue #3, and Ash and her friends have been sucked back into the world of DIE, the malevolent roleplaying game they were trapped in as teenagers. DIE is divided into thematic realms that have their origin in the fiction that inspired rpgs, which are ruled by strange echoes of their creators.

The characters are currently trying to cross the front of the endless war between mechanised Eternal Prussia, and bucolic Little England, when Ash is separated from the group by an artillery strike.

(skipped a page here just so I don't post the whole thing)

anyway, DIE is great, it's finished and available in 4 trades, go read DIE

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 9, 2021

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Drakyn posted:

Not to be a jerk about some good panels, but y'got a little :filez: on that last image.
Good catch, let me edit that.

Elfface posted:

It's easier to share panels you like via piracy than trying to defeat the reader-app's anti-screenshotting, or break out a scanner for the physical copies.
Yeah to be clear, I own all the DIE trades, it was literally the easiest way to share that cool sequence.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

When I first read it, I did a little lol at the idea of gender identities as additional character classes released in expansion packs

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Clark and Lois adopting Billy would be a fun dynamic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

God dammit. I need to call my father and tell him I love him now.

I also need to call this guy's father