Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Here's one of my favorite Hellboy moments from Hellboy: Box Full of Evil. The context is that Hellboy has been bound by an evil dude that knows his secret name, and another demon is stealing his power, so the faeries decide to help him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

Here are some pages I like from Batgirl 67. Cassandra is looking for Shiva, and comes across Bronze Tiger.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

I think there are way more people who absolutely refuse to read anything Adam Warren makes based on his manga-inspired art and, uh, unique way of drawing lips than proclaim his work to be the best ever.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

If I saw Superman sporting that midlife crisis ponytail, I might put my confidence in the other guy, too.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

You could post almost all the afterlife scenes in this thread. Especially the part when Glory reunites with her first love. :cry:

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

:cry:

I want to believe that if the gods decide that she'll never get to return to the afterlife, she'll just hulk out and dive down their throats and beat them to death from the inside out until they go "Whoa okay you can go already"

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

Karnegal posted:

It really bums me out that this is probably not going to get an hardcover (much less an over-sized hard cover).

They keep talking about maybe getting a hardcover collection next year, so I wouldn't rule it out entirely. Image/Liefeld seem to go above and beyond the call of duty for it given how mostly overlooked it is.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

I think my biggest problem with Lucifer is that after a while the actual character of Lucifer kind of takes a back seat in the series. The ending makes up for it but for a good chunk its the "Supporting cast" show.

Really, though, that's just following the pattern of Sandman where there are whole arcs where Dream just pops in every now and then.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

The thing that bothers me the most about it is how all the villains, who were previously rioting and basically trying to kill everyone they could get their hands on, just stop fighting. Are we seriously going to do the "Oh no! Even the bad guys know that something terrible has happened and feel Bruce's pain!" thing when they're the ones constantly trying to kill him and his family?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

Gwenpool #24:

Darth Nat fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 10, 2018