Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I don't think Mole Man's ever been shown as a hand to hand menace. He usually lets his legion of monsters do the work.

For me, it doesn't detract from how awesome the scene is, but that is a valid complaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Only way I can see Parker coming back is if Didio takes over Marvel.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
If Black Adam were a bit less of an rear end in a top hat, or if we could just see a transition from nice guy Black Adam to rear end in a top hat Adam, I think he'd perfect for the kind of stories you want to see.

Comics aren't really a great medium for these foreign policy/fix the world stories anyway because they're too abstract, and comics are at their best focusing on people, dialog, and awesome looking stuff. Just look at the Superman panels that started this, that's a good but simple look at the situation, and every panel needs an explanation of what's going.

Having said that, Hickman could probably do a great job at it because he isn't afraid to get into odd graphic design, as in Pax Romana.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Adults can't see the magic stuff for magical reasons.

I haven't read vol 6 yet, haven't even read those pages because I don't want to be spoiled, but the Mom's issues have been largely background and well handled in what I did read, a sad line of "Mom's got these issues we should help her with, but gotta save the world first." When she decided to stop drinking, fairly recently, she dumped out a bunch of stuff, but she's living with her brother in law, and he's got a whole wine cellar and his own problems. Thinking about it now, the kids have each other to get past the huge tragedy at the start of the series, but the mom doesn't really have anyone, and that's how its been from the start.

I've really liked the Locke & Key that I've read, and my wife loves it.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Butterball's pose in that picture really makes it for me. His confidence has just been shattered by his heroes, but the villains put him on top of the world.
That issue is really gets me.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Or is it Sputnik posted:

After warping into Earth-Prime at the end of the Legion of Three Worlds-story, Superboy-Prime is living in his parents' basement plotting revenge. A Blackest Night crossover sees black lanterns of the people he killed go after Superboy-Prime and after unsuccessfully fighting the Black Lanterns for a while, there's a showdown in his Fortress of Solitude.

Wow, who wrote that? Superboy sitting in his basement asking the world why DC's writers push him into dumb grimdark bullshit. That's pretty good.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Hakkesshu posted:

I dunno, I bought the first issue and thought it was pretty lame. "Here's an incomprehensible zombie Batman story". No thanks.

This is a lot better than that, anyway.

That was a Neal Adams Crazy story about Batman deciding to fight mortgage lenders or some poo poo. It was awesome. Most of the other stuff was more conventional but good, fun Batman.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Astro City 1 and 2 (life in the big city and confessions,I think) are phenomenal and required reading for anyone who's liked a single thing in this thread.
Book 3 is more done in 1 stories and takes a bit of a dive for me. I really liked 4, but it is a slower book.
After that,I started reading Astro as it came out, and there were a lot of delays in a continuous story, so maybe that's why I didn't like it, but I'm a fan of the issues coming out now.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
god drat, Francovilla. goddamn

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Goddamn you guys.
Goddamn.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Benito Cereno posted:

It's to absorb ambient electrons, which increases his power.

Smartass Inhuman account spotted.

Best thing about the Inhumans is that they just wear superhero clothes 24/7. Tuning fork headpiece? Why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
When Superman's ship crash landed on Earth, it knocked Kryptonian Oxygen into the upper atmosphere, so nobody has to worry about that stuff any more.

I am completely making this up, but there's still a 20% chance it is mentioned in a Silver Age comic.