Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

One of hundreds of sweet, touching, sad, beautiful moments in Starman. Man, where is THAT James Robinson right now?

He emerged from his 9000 year slumber to write a nice last issue of JLA. It's not blow you away, but compared to some of his output the last few years, it's kind of touching.

On topic: Love or hate Judd Winick, if you don't think this is awesome, then you can go right to hell. I mentioned in the X-Men thread about awesome moments when heroes use their brains and utilize their friendships in trying times. This is my favorite. From Green Arrow/Black Canary #4.

Context: Roy has just been shot through the chest by a laser from the sky. The boat is adrift in the South Pacific. Very dire situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Parmesan Basil posted:

It was actually Connor that was shot, I believe.

Oh yeah doy. Sorry, I was getting ready for the new status quo of Connor Hawke never existing.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

KittenofDoom posted:

Sorry, but even Superman's super hearing still works at the speed of sound, right? If they're in the South Pacific, and Metropolis is East Coast-ish, then Ollie's cries would still easily take 6+ hours to reach him. Roy would be long-dead before Superman even heard anything.

Yeah and a MAN who can FLY? What the heck is that about?

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Happy Hippo posted:

:lol: You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

I mean maybe he fell into a wormhole or went into a coma or something and it SEEMED like five issues.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Chinaman7000 posted:

I started trying to type out my favorite sentimental moments in Starman and then realized I had too many.

Re-read it after you have a kid. Or after your dad dies. No wait actually don't, that is a terrible idea. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I think he does muse if that's the answer as he's using the power.

That arc is pretty awesome, by the way, especially in how different each issue is, sometimes even the same issue switching tones. You go from Lex battling Grodd and his giant BRAIN SPOON! To Lex having a near fatal fall and meeting Death of the Endless in about 2 pages and the whole thing shifts.

And then Joker kills the David Tennant look-alike and cracks wise about wanting to see if he'd turn into someone else.

He didn't.