Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUBLIME!
Mar 7, 2009

my quiver is full~
There's a shitload of panels I've got running through my mind but here's some of my favorites.

First, from Y: The Last Man (now spoilered in case anyone hasn't read this fantastic series [YOU SHOULD]):

Yorick's an old man now, talking to a younger cloned himself about growing old while reminiscing. He then jumps out of the second story window.

He escaped

It's not much, but put in context with everything it perfectly sums up the :unsmith: I felt, wishing things had ended better for Yorick but knowing there couldn't have been a more perfect ending. "Alas" just works so loving well.

The next one is from another series called Demo, which are all self-contained stories of people, emotions and the supernatural every now and then.

#8: Mixtape deals with a guy who listens to a tape his (ex?)girlfriend left behind, a one sided conversation that makes him see her really there. The girl felt the guy never really knew her, and that he needed to both learn from this and let her go:

After going through the last stages of ending a relationship recently I read this (and the one after called 'The Breakup') and though man, that's exactly it.

So while this may just have resonated with me because I'm a big nerd who could relate to it in some way it really is a stupid fantastic series, one that everyone should read over and over again because they /get it/ :emo:

SUBLIME! fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUBLIME!
Mar 7, 2009

my quiver is full~

Apocron posted:

Man I'm a little bugged that you spoiled the end of the series just to post that one picture. I'm sure it would have had just as much impact (for the people who care who are the ones responding) with no spoiling for people if you just posted the picture and spoke vaguely about it like everyone is about Ex Machina's ending (another series I hope to get round to eventually). As it is you spoiled the the series and I don't really care for Yorick because I never got to build to that scene and now I don't much care to.

Aw, gently caress, sorry. :( It was my fault for assuming everyone's already read the ending to this story since I'm relatively new to the hobby.

Spoilered now so I don't ruin anyone else's day, but you have to believe me when I say what I posted barely scratches the surface of the last issue, and it's the events leading up to it in issues prior (and what happens during the last issue) that make it so great.