Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
National Brotherhood Week was a community-building event dreamed up by the National Conference of Christians and Jews, which itself formed in response to anti-Catholic sentiments directed at Al Smith when he ran for the Democratic Presidential nomination in 1928. The NCCJ is still around today, but Brotherhood Week hasn't been celebrated in over thirty years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Conference_for_Community_and_Justice
http://www.chicagonow.com/not-for-jews-only/2013/02/national-brotherhood-week-123/

The week itself, though, is probably best remembered thanks to it being lampooned by master satirist Tom Lehrer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vm-8eXFgqA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

gfanikf posted:

"lovely Hippie Music"

Hey, as long as it's not people, you're not cheating yourself if you don't like something. Besides everyone doesn't like certain things and no one cares. :colbert:

I'll admit it did make me laugh, but I suspect the choice was intentional, to get a mix of what people picked. "It's okay not to like things, but not people" seems to be the message and they want people to get different results.

e.

Thank you very much.

No problem! It's the least I could do to thank you for posting all these PSAs--they're actually great reading, and I haven't seen one yet that couldn't still be applied today in some fashion.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Aww, I like it. A sweet little moment is an excellent way of describing that.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Don't forget the X-Wing books. Those were great.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

That's a sweet scene, and also "Bouquet" actually strikes me as a really solid superhero name for a flower-based hero.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

I thought Harleen Quinzel was not that kind of doctor either

She's not, but she's probably closer to it than Dr. Fate. She's at least in a medical field and possibly has some on-site hospital training, whereas Fate's a professor-style doctor.

Edit:

Exit Strategy posted:

Isn't she an MD as well as a Ph.D.?

This might also be true.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I'm pretty sure this was so much the case that SOMETHING along those lines was in the big DC Encyclopedia I had in high school. Probably false memory, though.

A good rendition here, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Pa Kent has a World's Best Dad mug, I can't quite read what Bats has

It's a World's Best Mom mug. Which is exactly perfect.