Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
The following is from WE3, a story about a mutt, cat, and rabbit that are augmented by science, turning them into killing machines. Heavy armor, weaponry, and skull implants that allow them to speak.
Spoilers to set the scene, just in case: After the program is decommissioned, the trio escape and are pursued. Military and program staff find the animals and release a huge mastiff dog cyborg after them. The rabbit sacrifices itself while the mutt and cat run. Here, the mutt, "1" is reunited with Dr Roseanne, the only staff member to treat them well.

Image 3 linked for super spoilers
Image 4 linked for super spoilers
Image 5 linked for super spoilers
The 2nd to last panel on that 2nd page is the one that gets me, where she tells 1 who he really is. If you haven't read the series, I HIGHLY suggest you look into it. I thought I remember reading somewhere a film was in the works, but it's been awhile and I never saw it repeated anywhere...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Exiles #45. Just to refresh, the Exiles are a team of heroes from alternate universes who have become "unhinged from time" and must correct errors in other worlds, hoping to repair their own timelines and return to their own realities.
After one such mission, the one who gathered them, the Timebroker, appears before Morph, and informs him the team is moving on to the next mission - without him...

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

prefect posted:

I didn't follow the comic all the way to the end, but I do remember that Morph isn't actually Morph -- he's that Scottish reality-warping guy in Morph's body, but with Morph's brain patterns written on top of his, which isn't exactly the same.
Actually...

E: There was an Annual issue that explained that Proteus had been re-awakened for awhile, and reasserted control during a battle against the Shaper of Worlds. He was getting beaten, not able to use all of Morph's power, until Morph reappeared and they worked out a deal to "share" the body, Morph coming back, and Proteus getting a "second chance" at life.

That Ignorant Sap fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 6, 2011

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
From Transformers: MTMTE #32.
:siren:SPOILERS AHEAD. Fair warning.:siren:

Long story (very) short, Megatron surrendered to the Autobots, began doubting the Decepticon cause, even befriended (sorta) Bumblebee, whose death made him decide to join the Autobots. He's now co-captain of Rodimus' ship, the Lost Light, accompanied by Ravage, who popped up somewhere along the line. In space, they seem to have found a wrecked Lost Light, determined to be from the future, with Autobot bodies on board. This gives an insight into Megatron not really seen before:

I am really, really enjoying this series...

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
You know it's trouble when the poo poo can break a table from the toilet.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Reading through the Mega Man series, and holy hell, this series had some moments in it...
:siren: Spoilers Ahead :siren:
From Mega Man #32 and 33. This part of the series takes place suring Super Adventure Rockman. Dr Wily has discovered an ancient computer called Ra Moon and used it to rebuild a robot master army. Long story short, it turns on him and causes a worldwide emp that damages most electronics. Mega Man is repaired, and along with the original MM1 robot masters, head to Ra Moon's temple where Wily is hiding. The final battle rages between Mega Man and his friends with other masters loyal to Wily vs Ra Moon and the remaining masters he controls:

Later...

And next issue, while attempting to rebuild him:

Also, from #35, Blues/Proto Man (as Break Man) is angry with Dr Light. He believes Light wanted to reprogram him, and take away his personality. He visits with Tempo/Quake Woman, the creation of one of Lights associates, Dr Lalinde. Tempo was like Rock and Roll, a helper robot with a cheerful personality and a daughter like relationship with her creator. She was involved in a terrible accident and nearly destroyed. Heartbroken, Dr Lalinde removed her personality so she wouldn't have to suffer such heartache should something happen again. She later sees the error of her ways, and restores Tempo's personality. Break Man questions Tempo on her creators actions:

The series can be kinda childish at time, especially the early issues, but I'm enjoying it.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Transformers MTMTE 15.
Unbeknownst to most of the Lost Light crew, the Phase-Sixer Overlord is being held in a compartment in the ships hull. Chromedome had been entering his memories (his closest friend, Rweind, had no idea) to see what made him and the other Sixers so powerful. Overlord subsequently escapes and begins slaughtering Autobots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
From Fantastic Four vs X-Men #2