Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Choco1980 posted:

Cliff and Jane's romance may be one of the most genuine and real feeling ones I've ever seen in comics, and feels deeply personal, even if it isn't. (I don't want to know either way) Here's these two deeply, deeply, damaged people who find each other as the only ones with any sort of modicum of emotional stability or safety in each other's lives, and very slowly, and very gently, find themselves becoming a couple. They both need each other, but they don't want each other to need themselves, and they clearly have foregone any real expectations of each other for it. It's really an incredibly beautiful thing.

Is it really a romance? I would say it's more a friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So, the Hitler 'tache can work with a 5 'o clock shadow?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, then he turns into a fascist (even more of a fascist) and dies.

Guess he fell off the edge

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Uthor posted:

The ending of Do a Powerbomb!, a comic about a wrestling tournament put on by a necromancer by Daniel Warren Johnson.

Spoiler for the plot.

The girl's mom dies at the start of the book and the girl gets into a tournament where the winner will be able to bring someone back to life.

Spoiler for the panels showing the ending of the story.

They lost their final match against God. God will not resurrect her mom, but...

Wow. Who knew the story of Israel could be so inspiring?