Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Perry Normal posted:

Read Nightwing #141 recently.

Sometimes Clark's superpower is being the nicest guy in the world.

This has become one of my favorite panels ever. Superman is one of my favorite heroes, and I have a hard time explaining why. This simple panel shows it off nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Let me help you: He has the power of A God, but is kind, respectful, and displays humility when he would be justified in having zero. And in the hands of a good writer, it never seems phony, or corny.

Well yeah, but when you are talking with some people (my comic reading friends) about it they are so set in "LOL INVINCIBLE NO FUN" that it's very frustrating. Shame, since they are missing out on some excellent comics.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Uthor posted:

The ending of Do a Powerbomb!, a comic about a wrestling tournament put on by a necromancer by Daniel Warren Johnson.

Spoiler for the plot.

The girl's mom dies at the start of the book and the girl gets into a tournament where the winner will be able to bring someone back to life.

Spoiler for the panels showing the ending of the story.

They lost their final match against God. God will not resurrect her mom, but...

I ordered and read this at the mention of it on a D&D podcast I listen to and it wrecked me.