Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We get it. Some of you don't like Squirrel Girl's art. I'm also in that camp. Shut the hell up about it though every time a panel is posted. We're all tired of seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ManiacClown posted:

Can we just make a thread specifically for it? Maybe the thread could have FYAD rules in it, or the real thread is in FYAD while the thread here is locked and stickied and only has a link to the FYAD thread.

No, we're not making a thread specifically for people who don't like Squirrel Girl's art. Just don't read the book and go on about your lives and let the people that do like it enjoy it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is Numinus an established cosmic entity, or is this her first appearance?

Numinus has the best powers.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Choco1980 posted:

It's like someone took a charicature of Whoopi Goldberg, and gave her some Jack Kirby armor.

That's exactly what the character was purposefully designed as.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's the same book where Superman reveals Batman's identity on Twitter right? Is there any part of it that's not total garbage?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

W.T. Fits posted:

To be fair to that sequence, that's apparently a seven page sequence, and the person who originally posted it only posted pages 1, 2, 5 and 7 of it.

Though I'm not really sure what could possibly be on pages 3, 4 and 6 that would make it seem less stupid.

Same series, yeah. It was a tie-in for the INJUSTICE video game, to establish the backstory and such.

Those are definitely better, but even more so I like the art a lot more there than in the other set. Who is that artist?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't like the Hickman/Morrison comparison mostly because I really like Hickman and don't care for Morrison at all. Hickman feels more like an Ellis that can focus on one idea for more than six issues at a time to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, I stopped reading Ms Marvel because I just wasn't digging it that much. But it's not bad by any stretch just not my thing. What's bad is Captain Marvel. Now that KSD is finally gone there might be some hope for interesting plots.

Endless Mike posted:

That said, I don't hang out in comic stores or read the CBR forums, so I'm probably blissfully ignorant.

This is exactly the right way to do things. Never step into a comic shop and never go to one of those sites for comic discussion.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

That ain't a costume update...

Looks like everyone there is just as horrified.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

You could post all of Superman: American Alien #1 in this thread (kid Clark Kent learns to fly with the help of Ma & Pa,) but here's a one page supplement at the end of the comic.

I bought the issue based on this one page you posted. And after reading it I have to say thanks. That was the best Superman comic I've read in years. I had a giant smile on my face the entire issue.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Unmature posted:

I can't wait to read this.

I don't want to mislead anyone with my comments, there's no actual Superman in the issue. Clark is a child the whole time. But it's fantastic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is more than I generally like to see posted from one book in these panel threads, but this is the very definition of this thread.

From Groot #6, Groot has sought out Jean Grey to help him find someone on Earth with her psychic powers and is recounting this story to her.

Jean locates the person for a reunion.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Uthor posted:

Thanks for not making me post those pages.

How is Groot so good?

Jeff Loveness needs to write more comics. He wrote that team up between Iron Man and Broo that was great in A+X and he did that Spider-Man/Inhumans/Captain America crossover last year. He needs an ongoing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, even as a longtime Deadpool fan going in Cable and Deadpool is the book that finally convinced me that Deadpool could actually fit into the Marvel Universe in a meaningful way and not just be a weird fringe character. Daniel Way pretty much ignored all that, but thankfully we've course corrected now. I think Duggan and Posehn's run has supplanted it as my favorite for the character but Nicieza really did something special with that book. Plus it's the book that completely turned me around on Cable as a character.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spectacular Spider-Man 241

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That "paramedic" is Enchantress.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The cat scene was kind of heartbreaking and was played that way, it was just a kid trying to protect his pet and his powers overwhelmed him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Travis343 posted:

Well, Convergence, but that wasn't a reboot either.

Well it completely retconned and invalidated Crisis on Infinite Earths. Literally. They went back and changed the outcome of that event.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Toshimo posted:

Every event was better than Armageddon 2001, though.

Yes. As I've said before, that was the first time as a kid I found out that comics could disappoint me. The big bad is Hawk of all people. I understand now years later that it wasn't supposed to be, but man it just sticks in my head because it was the first time comics had kind of fell flat for me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I used to get a lot of "What??" responses when I said I didn't like Morrison's X-Men, are people starting to think differently about it now?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, that isn't very touching and it sure isn't funny.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

From today's Deadpool #20. Deadpool finds a young girl about to commit suicide from the top of the Uncanny Avengers' headquarters. He proceeds to stop her and distract her by taking her to a musical and along on a couple of crime fighting adventures and promises to let her go back after they're done. After the last adventure they end up here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's a goddamn shame that the Groot series by Loveness and Kesinger didn't run for longer than six issues. It was such a fun book.

X-O posted:

This is more than I generally like to see posted from one book in these panel threads, but this is the very definition of this thread.

From Groot #6, Groot has sought out Jean Grey to help him find someone on Earth with her psychic powers and is recounting this story to her.

Jean locates the person for a reunion.

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 19, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I honestly am beginning to wonder if people are just posting really bad pages in some ironic fashion or what. I mean the stuff I keep seeing is the subtle as a hammer to the forehead type of moralizing. Now if it's a parody of that kind of thing and I'm missing context that's key to picking it up then there might be something interesting there.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well that was better than almost anything on the show ever was. Is the comic actually good?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this! posted:

Is he wearing a sport jacket, over a hoodie, over a turtleneck?

It's a hooded sport coat.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Infinitum posted:

Yeah same daughter.

If you're curious what happened to her Mum, Deadpool found her dead in a mass-grave in North Korea because ~comics~
This is a war crime

That's the best Deadpool arc ever. Gerry Duggan is the best Deadpool writer ever. May he write the book another five years.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Only the comics matter because I will never play the games so I don't care what dumb poo poo they do there.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Evil Mastermind posted:

No, it's a crossover with C.O.P.S.

The Top Krang look is less intimidating.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It should go without saying, but don't post links to pretty much full issues of comics. Common sense please.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

radlum posted:

I didn't enjoy the fist year of Injustice (prior to the videogame), but seeing that with Booster Gold and Blue Beetle was pretty much amazing, might as well give it another chance.

I used to think it was stupid as hell based on panels people were posting, and I still think the first stretch is really dumb. But once it gets to a certain point it really turned around for me. So much so that I honestly hope they make more games just so Tom Taylor can keep writing this wacky poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

I think reading the whole series is worth it, but in terms of volumes:

Ground Zero: Tom Taylor returns to rewrite the game's plot from Harley's perspective. It's a lot of fun, but doesn't add too much if you've already played through the game.

This was my biggest disappointment of the series. Mostly because I didn’t and never will play the game, I’m not a big gamer and hate fighting games, so I didn’t actually know anything but the broad strokes of the story. I was hoping for a much more accurate summation of the game as someone that has no interests in playing it. It was still fine though. I just wanted something it didn’t give me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fact: Injustice Harley Quinn is the only Harley Quinn you should ever bother reading in a comic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Eh, I don't think the vibe of the new show really works with MK/I all that well.

As I’ve said I the cartoon thread I heard DC’s He-Man and She-Ra were quite dark and violent. Like she was pretty much straight up evil.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, that's a big no-no.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I never read any these books, did he ever go bad again? I guess that's a pretty meaningful turn now that you've said it's all about to end.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Why are they cancelling the Transformers comics? Did they not sell? And does that mean they're cancelling the other books that are that universe like ROM and GI Joe?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I started reading this very late in the game because I thought all the panels looked dumb. The whole Batman/Superman Twitter thing was almost solely responsible for me ignoring the book. But I finally relented and slowly started catching up. I was liking things just fine and That whole scene at the Fortress with Green Arrow and Superman is where I went from "Well yeah I guess this is a fun alternate timeline story" to "OK I gotta catch up like right now and read this every week"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You'd think he would've gotten the hint when the robo-supermen were going YOU ARE A THREAT TO THE KENTS when he showed up. :thunk: I really hate Evil Superman.

Those are not the same scenes. They are set years apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well that's the point. You're supposed to hate Evil Superman because he is literally the worst. Green Arrow went out a hero as he should've. The Green Arrow you see in the one with the Harley and the Robot Superman is a different Green Arrow. Basically Dr. Fate saved Black Canary and took her to universe where Oliver had also lost her and they started a family. Then they were brought back into the fight later because they were needed. It was a really sweet and well done story.